New manager rumours

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I would be excited be Potter, but it would be quite a step up for him. He plays a modern game.

He talks about the half-space and overloads!! :x

I have watched alot about him. I am honestly not sure, my mind keeps changing (as it does with de Boer)

I like he is a modern manager.

I like he has had the balls to leave England and make a name for himself.

I like he has had success. Heard what he has done being compared to taking Stenhousemuir from League Two to Europa League. 

He has Billy Reid as his assistant which could help in Scotland too. 

At the same time I see him and his players rehersing for plays in the town hall and thinking he will be treated as a joke from day one by the media here. 

I just don’t know ?

1 minute ago, MrGaryValentine said:

I have watched alot about him. I am honestly not sure, my mind keeps changing (as it does with de Boer)

I like he is a modern manager.

I like he has had the balls to leave England and make a name for himself.

I like he has had success. Heard what he has done being compared to taking Stenhousemuir from League Two to Europa League. 

He has Billy Reid as his assistant which could help in Scotland too. 

At the same time I see him and his players rehersing for plays in the town hall and thinking he will be treated as a joke from day one by the media here. 

I just don’t know ?

There are negatives -- although your's is just local culture I presume, so he'll not be doing that here!

It's a big step up for him. It's a good step for him. 

For us, maybe too much of a gamble? Again... :facepalm: 

Potter would be an interesting appointment but tbh, we don't really want 'interesting' at this point in time.

We need pragmatic, respected and a level of experience that relates to the job at hand.

Just now, alexscottislegend said:

The Potter-Reid axis is eerily similar to the Warburton-Weir one: inexperienced Englishman plus Scots assistant. So I dunno either.

Maybe, but Potter has been successful over a longer term, albeit in the Swedish lower leagues.

Experience should rule anyone out, as long as they're the right candidate. Joachim Low was a nobody before taking Germany to new heights (relatively speaking!).