Steve Clarke record

I think Clarke looks like the strongest candidate. Lots of experience coaching at the highest level, knows the British game inside out and Killie have been the strongest side in the league during his tenure. The other candidates, aside from MPH, are just plain awful or require us to catch a falling knife. I'm just glad Big Eck has a job now. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Clarke has worked miracles with Killie and should be manager of the season, but for me I still wouldn't want him as our manager.

I don't want to watch his style of football, he just doesn't fill me with any excitement even after the great job he is doing at Killie. We need better than him IMO.

We need some fight, some toughness instilled in this team, Clarke has proven he can get that out of Killie on a lot less of a budget than we have. Look at Motherwell too, on paper a very run of the mill lower half of the league team, but by feck they don't have show some fight and an awareness we don't seem to have. I'm not recommending the Motherwell manager for us, but he has show us some basics lessons, we never seem to learn.

If Murty is still in charge for the weekend, i will be very disappointed. He's not going to shake things up, which it absolutely needs to be, a overhaul of our style and players attitudes. There needs to be instilled a fighting attitude, but in a system that the players can relate too, two up front definitely needs implemented. 

Whether that's Cummings and Morelos or Cummings and Miller, i would give Morelos a rest go with C&M partnership for the last five games, get them working from the off on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

going for beautiful on the eye, fast-flowing football is a pipe-dream we cannot afford at this moment in our history.

We simply must stop 10IAR, and therefore we simply must bring in a manager who can WIN FOOTBALL MATCHES. That, and only that, must be our short-term priority.

If you want to them get rid of him after he has won the title to bring in someone who entertains more, then carry on.

Most of Walter Smith's teams were brutal to watch, but he is revered simply because he won us title after title after title. I watched almost every single game of Walter's two tenures as manager and beautiful football was never his watchword. Yes we played some amazing stuff at times when we had two world class players in the team and also a lot of other very good players, but quite a lot of that era was also just about getting the 3 points and winning the league. 

Winning ugly is still winning. From the mark we are at just now we are a million miles from playing like Man City or Barcelona, but that shouldnt prevent us from being fit, organised, tactically astute, and able to win crunch matches, especially derby matches, and therefore win titles and cups.

I will happily go to Ibrox every week next season and see us win 1-0 with boring football if it means we win the title. Dont anybody kid on that they wont.

The two Scottish managers to have beaten Celtic this season (Clarke and Levein) are pragmatic and don't care if labeled boring.

One of those (Clarke) can also achieve consistency of result, 6 League wins IAR (the next best is 4).

Clarke also knows what it is to work at the top level and has shown this season that he can have an immediate effect in the Scottish top tier, even before he got to a transfer window and has yet to be beaten by Rodgers Celtic.

Almost reminds me of someone.......

I like others don't want to see 10IAR but think that is least of our worries.We have to concentrate in getting the choice right for manager and then utilise what funds are left to get as good players as we can.Then they must be moulded into a to be feared team,only then can we dream of halting the mhanks and think of better times.

I sometimes wonder if we're really still Rangers ... or we've bought into the narrative of our detractors and are just Sevco after all.

Steve Clarke? Alex Neil? Get a grip please, since when did salvation for Rangers lie in appointing Celtic men to run our club? I can think of no better way to concede the future of Rangers. Why don't we approach Martin O'Neill, he might fancy the joke?