Hummel kit deal also begins today (June 1st)

3 hours ago, Uilleam said:

The brand is not Nike, it's not Adidas, it's not Under Armour, it's not Canterbury (rugby, since you ask), it's not Hummel, it's....

.....Rangers; and that is all that matters.

Those who are inclined to cavil about the manufacturer, should cast their minds back to when the team strip was adorned -fully across the chest -with the name of the sponsor, McEwan's Lager. We may argue about the rights, wrongs, and grey areas of appropriate sponsorship, but if you are going to punt booze, at least make it acceptable booze, and not donkey water.

If fashion conscious bleaters continue to agonise that the producer of the garments is not in vogue,  they may have to cry, preciously, into their Jack Daniels and Cokes, or their Buds , and spark up another Marlboro Light....

I live in East London. Until kits are supplied by an artisan producer of sportswear like Walsh and sponsored by a craft brewery from Leyton, I fully reserve the right to complain about our strips not being fashionable enough. 

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

1 hour ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Has there actually been any confirmation of this yet? I thought I read it was all down to Hummels 'liking' the Rangers Twitter account or something... :S

No confirmation and I'm inclined to agree with TB above.

At the end of the day the club will go with the supplier that ponies up the most cash.  Is that the correct thing if we could have issues with supply?  I'm not sure but let's wait and see.

3 hours ago, Oleg_Mcnoleg said:

I live in East London. Until kits are supplied by an artisan producer of sportswear like Walsh and sponsored by a craft brewery from Leyton, I fully reserve the right to complain about our strips not being fashionable enough. 

London? it's not a Rangers' top, it's a stab proof vest you want, mate......

I like Hummel's distinctive design, can't go wrong with it.

£5m in a year sounds fanciful to me if Celtic are only getting £6m a year. We need to do a lot better in Europe to get decent money for these deals.

On 18 April 2018 at 17:06, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

This perfectly sums up where we are just now. A diddy, little brand that makes horrible looking shirts. 

How are they a diddy little brand ? As a company they're comparable in size to New Balance. 

Edited by RANGERRAB