Hummel kit deal also begins today (June 1st)

3 minutes ago, pete said:

The Parkhead chief executive was thrilled to announce the brand as the new official kit supplier, having signed a five-year sponsorship deal thought to be worth as much as £30million.

So basically £1m a year more if figures are to be believed. Not bad business for our board considering we have not even qualified for Europe yet.

I got told this on Friday... but was a few drinks in by then and cant remember who told me... Only reason I know I was told is because I have a screenshot of the chat where the guy mentioned it to someone.

Hummel? I don't think we can afford him: he's a German international... :ninja: 

I don't care too much about the brand, as long as we get the best deal.

I'll wait a see if it's true, though. It was almost an off-the-cuff tweet, and 5 minutes later we've got a 3 year deal worth £15M. 

The brand is not Nike, it's not Adidas, it's not Under Armour, it's not Canterbury (rugby, since you ask), it's not Hummel, it's....

.....Rangers; and that is all that matters.

Those who are inclined to cavil about the manufacturer, should cast their minds back to when the team strip was adorned -fully across the chest -with the name of the sponsor, McEwan's Lager. We may argue about the rights, wrongs, and grey areas of appropriate sponsorship, but if you are going to punt booze, at least make it acceptable booze, and not donkey water.

If fashion conscious bleaters continue to agonise that the producer of the garments is not in vogue,  they may have to cry, preciously, into their Jack Daniels and Cokes, or their Buds , and spark up another Marlboro Light....

Another heavy defeat to the scum, more in-fighting in the dressing room, a dead man walking as interim manager, battling with Dolly & Hibs for runners-up.

In the world of spin, you release a deflection story (true or otherwise) to try to take some of the heat away from all the negative stories doing the rounds at the time.

This is exactly what this is.