Scott Arfield pre-contract deal?

How long has Allan got left on his Celtic deal? I'd still take him: he's near the top of most creativity stats; he's the natural #10 that we're crying out for.

I'd also take Dundee's Aurtinxatse (sp? whatever) and Kamara. Again, they do very well in the stat department. 

31 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

How long has Allan got left on his Celtic deal? I'd still take him: he's near the top of most creativity stats; he's the natural #10 that we're crying out for.

You're brave to admit that, but I agree. He betrayed us but it's not a perfect world and  a few successful years later it would be water under the bridge.

30 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'd also take Dundee's Aurtinxatse (sp? whatever) and Kamara. Again, they do very well in the stat department. 

Can't be long, probably another season.

I'd agree that he could have been a very good player for us and I think that was the main reason celtic signed him.

They knew it and could afford the luxury.

Thing is when celtic buy up most of the young Scottish creative talents and farm them out on loan in the top tier, it creates a situation devoid of sporting integrity. What you have is two of the teams at the top of the table dependent on celtic for their most creative player and unable to field him against celtic. Strikes me as against the spirt of the game.

I've been excited about the prospect of getting Arfield and McArthur for free for a while, it would be a huge coup if we did.

Arfield isn't really a glamour signing, I haven't seen much of him but his style doesn't excite you straight away but lets be honest most of our players couldn't get near an EPL starting line-up never mind hold down a starting position over a number of seasons.

I'd like to see those two signed as well as Cummings and the vast majority of the rest of the money spent on centre back. It has to be quality of quantity this summer.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

What you have is two of the teams at the top of the table dependent on celtic for their most creative player and unable to field him against celtic. Strikes me as against the spirt of the game.

Definitely. It gives Celtic a huge advantage as the top teams (Aberdeen and Hibs) are stronger against us but have to completely re-think their game plan when they play them. It's always been allowed but the extreme difference in wealth has exposed how unfair the system can be.

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I've been excited about the prospect of getting Arfield and McArthur for free for a while, it would be a huge coup if we did.

Arfield isn't really a glamour signing, I haven't seen much of him but his style doesn't excite you straight away but lets be honest most of our players couldn't get near an EPL starting line-up never mind hold down a starting position over a number of seasons.

I'd like to see those two signed as well as Cummings and the vast majority of the rest of the money spent on centre back. It has to be quality of quantity this summer.

Need a keeper too. We’d has lost too many goals top keepers would save. 

Just now, DMAA said:

Definitely. It gives Celtic a huge advantage as the top teams (Aberdeen and Hibs) are stronger against us but have to completely re-think their game plan when they play them. It's always been allowed but the extreme difference in wealth has exposed how unfair the system can be.

I think it's something that the authorities should review but given Lawwell is a big part of that, I won't hold my breath.

You could insist that no clauses were allowed that prevented him playing against the parent club but that could easily be abused. Better to not allow loans to other clubs in the same league tier.

46 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Thinking about it, more likely he'll be used as a makeweight in part of a deal for McGinn.