13 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Murty's 4-2-3-1 was predictable today

This is what I was labouring on here before the game, we had to change formation after the 4-0 and give Celtic something to think about. Going out with the same formation with no noticeable tactical changes was absolutely unforgiveable. Above all yesterday was a tactical catasophre.

I'm not one of the ones calling for a complete clearout. Assuming we somehow find £10m to spend, I still think we're 3/4 big signings and a good manager away from running them close next season.

• Two tall and strong quality centre backs.
  • We seem to be seriously lacking a midfielder who can tackle! (if Jordan Rossiter could stay fit for 5 minutes...)
  • A top quality skillful flair player to take over from Windass would be another priority for me (James McArthur is apparently staying with Palace)

13 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Murty's 4-2-3-1 was predictable today. Rodgers knew it so he flooded MF. 

They had 4 MF players to our 2. Outnumbered & overrun.

For the 3 Windass is an in/out player & the 2 wide men got isolated.

And Cummings cannot play the lone striker role

After all that the defence never stood a chance. 

A total shambles. Murty's time is up. I've supported him until now but he's been in freefall since the 3-2 defeat at ibrox

While Murty's formation was predictable....did Ceptic make any ground breaking changes to their formation???  They have a settled, preferred formation & method of play that they use week after week, regardless of the opposition.  

Murty's formation would have been irrelevant to their match preparation imho....it also appeared irrelevant to ours as well...

1 minute ago, Darthter said:

While Murty's formation was predictable....did Ceptic make any ground breaking changes to their formation???  They have a settled, preferred formation & method of play that they use week after week, regardless of the opposition.  

Murty's formation would have been irrelevant to their match preparation imho....it also appeared irrelevant to ours as well...

Yes but Celtic saw earlier in the season that 2 wingers was not the answer and started playing 3 or 4 in the midfield. Murty does not seem to see that or doesn't want to change it no matter what. It is strange because he did go diamond shape for a few games and it worked.

9 minutes ago, Darthter said:

While Murty's formation was predictable....did Ceptic make any ground breaking changes to their formation??? 

Celtic destroyed us in the semi, sticking with their formation was exactly what they needed to do because it worked.

We're the ones who needed to seriously re-assess how we set up and make some serious changes, and use the element of surprise to our advantage.

On the topic of this game, the night before the game I posted about the leaks coming from somewhere (and posted on FF) about our team selection.  It turns out that once again this source was completely accurate in the team and squad selection for the game on Sunday.  It's hard enough trying to beat them on a level playing field, but this is just sloping everything in their favour.  As a matter of urgency, the board has to find this rat and kick them out of Ibrox.  It's disgusting that one (or more) of our own officials/fans is sabotaging our efforts in this way.  PC knew this was happening and he seemed to be sure he knew where it was coming from.  Sort this out Rangers!!!!! This is the sort of behaviour that destroys trust in the dressing room and gives our enemies a significant advantage.

46 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

On the topic of this game, the night before the game I posted about the leaks coming from somewhere (and posted on FF) about our team selection.  It turns out that once again this source was completely accurate in the team and squad selection for the game on Sunday.  It's hard enough trying to beat them on a level playing field, but this is just sloping everything in their favour.  As a matter of urgency, the board has to find this rat and kick them out of Ibrox.  It's disgusting that one (or more) of our own officials/fans is sabotaging our efforts in this way.  PC knew this was happening and he seemed to be sure he knew where it was coming from.  Sort this out Rangers!!!!! This is the sort of behaviour that destroys trust in the dressing room and gives our enemies a significant advantage.

agreed...but in reality, how difficult was it to predict either teams line ups???

48 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Celtic destroyed us in the semi, sticking with their formation was exactly what they needed to do because it worked.

We're the ones who needed to seriously re-assess how we set up and make some serious changes, and use the element of surprise to our advantage.

Implementing a new formation effectively takes time - more than a week I would imagine.

What would have happened IF Murty had changed his formation, with the same outcome - what would we be discussing now???  I would wage it would be along the lines of "Why did he change formation....just shows how bad a manager he is."

5 hours ago, pete said:

I really feel for you guys that live in Scotland having to face up to your Sellick supporting colleagues. The only positive is the season is almost over and we can look forward to next season with renewed hope. I do however feel worse for my Dutch friends who wake up today to look forward to their team FC Twente playing in the second division. This is indeed another indicator that money is not always the deciding factor as Twente have the 4th biggest budget in the Dutch leagues. i know it is little consolation but there are people who feel worse than us at this time.

Yep.  Right now is as good a time as any to be a Scottish ex-pat pete.  I have huge sympathy for the thousands upon thousands of Bears who are having to suffer through humiliation after humiliation these days.  It is bad enough being a Rangers supporting ex-pat going through it but to have to suffer it in your own back yard and the gloating that comes from the other side is something I am very thankful to be avoiding.

As soon as the final whistle went yesterday my first thought was "well, that is the season done at least.  It was inevitable that Celtic would beat us to win the league so it didn't hurt as much as I thought it might.  At least it is now over and done with".

My second thought was "they beat us to win the league and beat us convincingly.  However, they will NEVER, EVER have the same satisfaction of success against their oldest rivals the way and manner in which we won the title at Parkhead in May 1999.  The teams were much closer back then financially, neither had been a financial basketcase for half a decade - and on top of that, they truly expected to win that afternoon in May 1999".  If you add Helicopter Sunday into the mix then we know for sure that the Tims will eventually revert to type and still feel inferior to us in many ways.

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

The difference is that Celtic don't HAVE to make any changes.  If we play the same formation and personnel against them in a 4-0 drubbing.... why would they make any changes in the next game a couple of weeks later ??

When your players have been pumped 4-0 using a 4-2-3-1 the last thing you do when playing them two weeks later is..... play a 4-2-3-1 with almost the same personnel.  If you don't learn from your mistakes and all that....