Graeme Murty 'relieved of his duties' as Rangers manager

Just now, craig said:

Too many players are mentally weak.  We need a number of changes.  The easiest thing to do is ask who you would keep and whether they would be good enough to challenge.  Not many would pass muster unfortunately.

They are mentally weak, but I do believe we can get more out of this team -- which is based on hope rather than anything else. 

It's a difficult task (identifying who is mentally weak), mainly because it's quite subjective. I reckon two fans would create two different lists. 

5 hours ago, der Berliner said:

You have a curious way to spin your arguments. All that was said that Murty had a steady run ahead of the OF game. No-one is actually saying he's THE man for the job. No-one could have predicted the fallout after the Ibrox OF game though.

No spin. I am saying Murty was useless from the get go, a disaster as a manager. I think results, all of them collectively, prove that beyond discussion and any doubt whatsoever, never mind reasonable. 

Maybe, like JFK-1, I should extrapolate a scenario based on a run of 9 games. We would be relegated.

7 hours ago, der Berliner said:

The Old Firm game at Ibrox, when the Scum brought on a 4.5m rated player who showed all his  class to sink us with their third goal. Winning that game, when we were relatively high on confidence, would have brought us within 6 points or the like. That said, you seem to have a rather reserved opinion on that anyway, so probably no need to get into that any further. It's history now ...

And for what it is worth, we lost that game because Murty froze and changed nothing when they went to 10 men. The tranny poker then reacted to our negligence as Murty chewed his zip.

If my granny had baws, we may have won that game as well.

24 minutes ago, craig said:

Too many players are mentally weak.  We need a number of changes.  The easiest thing to do is ask who you would keep and whether they would be good enough to challenge.  Not many would pass muster unfortunately.

On a technical level, I think we have a team capable of winning the league (no laughing).....they have the skill & the talent.  However, there are massive question marks over whether they have the mental strength to apply those skills & talents over a full season - the evidence would say that they are not capable.  Then again, we may find a change of mentality with a different manager.....

2 hours ago, craig said:

Except it wasn't DT that spun any argument, it was JFK who hand-selected games that fit the narrative.  You have it all the wrong way round dB.

What? JFK listed the league games up to the OF game at Ibrox, where we had gathered momentum and were more  confident to get a result than ever before after our return to the Premiership. DT was reacting to my remark earlier, writing ...

On 1.5.2018 at 17:29, Dragonfly Trumpeter said:

But I see things are still going as normal. Likewise, up to the Ibrox OF game Murty did admirably......wow

So what are you talking about?

31 minutes ago, Dragonfly Trumpeter said:

No spin. I am saying Murty was useless from the get go, a disaster as a manager. I think results, all of them collectively, prove that beyond discussion and any doubt whatsoever, never mind reasonable. 

Maybe, like JFK-1, I should extrapolate a scenario based on a run of 9 games. We would be relegated.

Well, your opinion. Doesn't mean that he did not do admirably enough after a stuttering start and to the build up of OF game at Ibrox though. Unless you find a manager bar the Yahoo boss who did better over such a spell in the season. League seasons usually have such runs, one way or another. He f@cked it up in 2 OF games (as were the players he selected) and that's that. A disaster as a manager. Well, that is not only unreasonable, but rather simplistic a view too.

29 minutes ago, Darthter said:

On a technical level, I think we have a team capable of winning the league (no laughing).....they have the skill & the talent.  However, there are massive question marks over whether they have the mental strength to apply those skills & talents over a full season - the evidence would say that they are not capable.  Then again, we may find a change of mentality with a different manager.....

We have made some reasonable acquisitions and overall the team has been improved (though if you look at our subs bench we lack strength in depth).  However, I am not sure we are much in front of Aberdeen or Hibs.  Taking the latter, is our midfield stronger than that of Hibs with Allan, McGeouch and McGinn; I think that is debatable.  Our central defence is weak and Hibs signed McGregor (from us) and I would suggest that he is at least as good as any of our present central pairing.  I don't know the other Hibs players well enough to do a player by player comparison but I would suggest that others, such as, Gray or Boyle are reasonable players.  A better manager could have got more out of the players, especially against Celtic, but I think we still need to improve the calibre of the players we have to make a sustained challenge against Celtic.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

What? JFK listed the league games up to the OF game at Ibrox, where we had gathered momentum and were more  confident to get a result than ever before after our return to the Premiership. DT was reacting to my remark earlier, writing ...

So what are you talking about?

And JFK also conveniently left out games prior to December 27th - was Murty appointed as interim manager on December 26th and that game was his first game in charge against Motherwell ?  Didn't think so.  Which means that the games JFK selected were hand-picked to try to prove a point.  All it really proved is that you can use statistics to back your argument no matter what.  Revisionism won't change that.

Well, your opinion. Doesn't mean that he did not do admirably enough after a stuttering start and to the build up of OF game at Ibrox though. Unless you find a manager bar the Yahoo boss who did better over such a spell in the season. League seasons usually have such runs, one way or another. He f@cked it up in 2 OF games (as were the players he selected) and that's that. A disaster as a manager. Well, that is not only unreasonable, but rather simplistic a view too.

It doesn't matter how simplistic a view it is.  It is supported by the facts.

Despite some good work leading up to March he let it all collapse after failing to beat Celtic at home.

What followed is a disaster.

Steve Clarke