Graeme Murty 'relieved of his duties' as Rangers manager

1 minute ago, Gaffer said:

No offence, but that's why I'm delighted you're not in charge ??

[You've now mentioned this a couple of times about McInnes picking the team for the Saturday.  If that was seriously something that was happening then everyone involved is a disgrace, including McInnes, and I'm delighted he's nowhere near our club.]

It happened 100% , he was picking his side for the Saturday game and even how he wanted the team set up , yet by the morning the deal was off , and personally I am delighted he's no where near us .

what is wrong with Sean Dyche just out of interest .

59 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Not convinced JN or JJ will deliver any noticeable up turn in quality but it's now up to them and the players to do the business.

One wonders if Miller and Wallace may return to the fold?

I'll be disgusted if that happens.  For the sake of the future of the club, we need to stop being perceived as a club that allows its players to rule the manager.  I feel so strongly about this that I'll not be attending the remaining games, and I'll write to our CEO about it.  Surely the board has learned this lesson though and won't make the same mistake AGAIN!

1 minute ago, rbr said:

It happened 100% , he was picking his side for the Saturday game and even how he wanted the team set up , yet by the morning the deal was off , and personally I am delighted he's no where near us .

what is wrong with Sean Dyche just out of interest .

Absolutely nothing 'cept we couldn't afford him - and he's settled in the EPL.

Well thank goodness it has finally happened. Like others I thank Graeme for stepping up and giving it his best shot to steady the ship, but the length of time he was asked to manage over was outrageous and is entirely down to bad decision making from the board.

He should have, at most, seen us through to the end of December, with a new manager ready to take us to the USA in January before having a go at the title in the second half of the season. 

Clearly our board believed the Scottish Media and that the tims were untouchable for the title, gave up any hope of chasing them down or applying any pressure to the ego-maniac to see what he is made of, and fudged the decision to down the line.

Replacing the interim with another interim with 3 games to go smacks of sheer desparation and a total unpreparedness for the shambles that we could all see unfolding since Luxembourg.

Good luck to Murty, I hope he is not damaged too much by being thrown to the lions before he had developed any managerial capabilities, and I hope he bounces back to a good development manager or assistant manager at another club next season.

14 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Absolutely nothing 'cept we couldn't afford him - and he's settled in the EPL.

What do you think we are paying Steve G , plus Burnley have peaked , he will not be able to keep them at the level he has long .

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

So... I wonder who's in charge for the remaining games?

Nicholl? Tin Tin? 

KEVIN THOMPSON?! :eek2: 

Aye, it's Kevin Thomson, with me as his assistant - he has said that the only way he is taking it is if the Club pay for his holiday to Bermuda..... They have told him they are prepared to go as high as his bus fare to Berwick :D

Sad as it is, it's the right decision. There's absolutely no way a Rangers manager should ever keep his job after losing 4-0 and 5-0 to Celtic in a fortnight.

Let's hope the assistants came through unscathed and they still have the respect of the team.

23 minutes ago, rbr said:

What do you think we are paying Steve G , plus Burnley have peaked , he will not be able to keep them at the level he has long .

Sean Dyche abandons Burnley, who have just had by far their most successful Prem season, to come and manage Rangers, a club in dissaray.

Only in cloud cuckoo land.