Graeme Murty 'relieved of his duties' as Rangers manager

Reports are that he quit, but we’ll see. Who on earth can step up now? The academy have performed really well in the games programme, is Craig Mulholland our best qualified candidate inside the club? I can’t see Gerrard risking his reputation on these last 3 games. If he takes the job I think he’ll watch but keep his hands clean. 

He came agonisingly close to a good result at Ibrox. Morelos’s miss was absolutely bizarre. Celtic had one chance and they took it and then parked the bus. When a team parks the bus the man disadvantage doesn’t make as big a difference. Could have been so different if events had gone differently that day. 

Edited by DMAA

Ultimately, too big a job or not, it were his tactical choices and stubborness which cost us any chance of having a decent end of the season. After the Ibrox games against them and Killie, it was high-time. The ultimate climax should have been the cup game ... and he should have known it. His reign will thus be marred - much like PC's - with horrendous results but even more horrendous performances against the Scum. Then again, some of our players need to be whipped for these two games as well.

I reckon Jimmy Nicholl will take over and hopefully restore some order.

Edited by der Berliner

I feel very sorry for Murty , a very decent guy who was an excellent academy coach who never asked for this , yes he played the game and maybe thought he had a chance but the reality was he was always plugging a hole in the dyke .

so yet another decent guy loses his job because of the incompetence of this board and even more so our joke of an MD , who should be sacked on the spot and replaced with Leanne Dempster .

Just now, rbr said:

I feel very sorry for Murty , a very decent guy who was an excellent academy coach who never asked for this , yes he played the game and maybe thought he had a chance but the reality was he was always plugging a hole in the dyke .

so yet another decent guy loses his job because of the incompetence of this board and even more so our joke of an MD , who should be sacked on the spot and replaced with Leanne Dempster .

Again ... who would you have appointed after PC? And what are the guarantees that this chap - if available and willing to come - would have had success with this squad and against them?

8 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Again ... who would you have appointed after PC? And what are the guarantees that this chap - if available and willing to come - would have had success with this squad and against them?

Mate it took them weeks to fuck up the McInnes deal , he was sitting in Mar Hall Picking the team for Saturday when it broke down , they then took several more weeks to come to the conclusion that an U 20 s coach would do , al because the board would not agree with their D of F,s choices .

its not my job to decide who should be the manager , but given what they must be going to pay Stevie G and the funding they must have to back him , personally I would have went to Burnley and paid Sean Dyche what ever he wanted . 

Edited by rbr

28 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Reports are that he quit, but we’ll see. Who on earth can step up now? The academy have performed really well in the games programme, is Craig Mulholland our best qualified candidate inside the club? I can’t see Gerrard risking his reputation on these last 3 games. If he takes the job I think he’ll watch but keep his hands clean. 

Nicholl & Johansson taking charge according to reports.