Paul Murray And Barry Scott Resign

To be honest I think it's too early to know what to make of it. The article made the case for Paul Murray as a Rangers man and a man of integrity pretty well.

We still haven't had an explanation as to why he's resigned. Maybe I'm against the majority here but I think it's obvious there's been an argument between them, and I'm inclined to think Murray had a good reason to resign. If it was all amicable the statement would have been very different and it would have explained what was going on.

28 minutes ago, DMAA said:

To be honest I think it's too early to know what to make of it. The article made the case for Paul Murray as a Rangers man and a man of integrity pretty well.

We still haven't had an explanation as to why he's resigned. Maybe I'm against the majority here but I think it's obvious there's been an argument between them, and I'm inclined to think Murray had a good reason to resign. If it was all amicable the statement would have been very different and it would have explained what was going on.

The article failed to highlight Murray's faults as well though which made it little more than a puff piece.

However, the source's previous relationship with PM suggests the commentary over any possible fall out might be credible so it's now up to Dave King to fill the vacuum with actual action.  Only that will avoid further speculation.

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

the source's previous relationship with PM suggests the commentary over any possible fall out might be credible

Yeh the bit that worried me was where he said Paul Murray had spoken to him personally about the Whyte-Murray deal. That made me wonder if he'd been in touch with him here before going all out in a piece like that.

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

The article failed to highlight Murray's faults

I saw mention of the mobile app contract, but isn't it speculation to suggest this was for personal gain? It seems to me more likely PM's company would have given the club a cheap quote for the work. But it's speculation either way as far as I know.

The app contract thing isn't a huge issue for me - I'm more concerned with his inability to provide a credible alternative to Whyte at the time as well as his debatable director performance pre and post administration.

In that respect, whilst I thank him for his efforts, I don't see Murray as a huge loss to the boardroom.

It will be interesting to see what profile he takes up amongst the club support gong forward.  Will he fade into the background or perhaps agitate via one of the supporters groups for example?

20 minutes ago, Frankie said:

The article failed to highlight Murray's faults as well though which made it little more than a puff piece.

However, the source's previous relationship with PM suggests the commentary over any possible fall out might be credible so it's now up to Dave King to fill the vacuum with actual action.  Only that will avoid further speculation.

I don't know if Scottish football is ahead of the curve but it is certainly keeping up with it, at least in the way that supposed 'journalism' is used and abused to spin slants on the story of the day.

Editorials or say, Jacksons opinion piece on a Monday are there to be used to offer opinion but what we have generally and Scottish football is well-up on this particular curve, is a 'news service' that tends to 'loaded'.

Jackson is more 'spin-doctor' for hire than a journalist (currency tends to be information).

47 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Yeh the bit that worried me was where he said Paul Murray had spoken to him personally about the Whyte-Murray deal. That made me wonder if he'd been in touch with him here before going all out in a piece like that.

I saw mention of the mobile app contract, but isn't it speculation to suggest this was for personal gain? It seems to me more likely PM's company would have given the club a cheap quote for the work. But it's speculation either way as far as I know.

I don't know how much David Edgar knows but he said in his update programme that Murray does have personal issues and has been considering leaving for a while, but he said Murray does not like the way things are going and is against the Gerrard signing. The other notable thing he said is that George Letham had brought in Barry Scott and he now wondered what his position\stance was.

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

How do you know it was unexpected?

Directors leaving because they disagree???  If directors aren't disagreeing, the board isn't working.  You just want to read more into this than there is.  I'm surprised your default position is that something must be wrong.

As far as the fans are concerned...it was unexpected - not even a hint of a rumour from "those in the know".

Disagreement within the Board room is indeed health, but a common reason for directors leaving is when general disagreement moves into "no agreement possible" territory.  Given the information, that we KNOW, it is totally feasible that Murray & Scott maybe didn't support the appointment of Gerrard & didn't support the direction the rest of the Board wanted to go. 

It's not a case of reading "more into this than there is"...its extrapolating the most likely reasons from the information/facts that are available.  Hopefully it is to make way for a new investor & everything is good, but so far, there is no facts to support this (yet).

8 hours ago, Frankie said:

The app contract thing isn't a huge issue for me - I'm more concerned with his inability to provide a credible alternative to Whyte at the time as well as his debatable director performance pre and post administration.

In that respect, whilst I thank him for his efforts, I don't see Murray as a huge loss to the boardroom.

It will be interesting to see what profile he takes up amongst the club support gong forward.  Will he fade into the background or perhaps agitate via one of the supporters groups for example?

The app contract is a non story. Rangers are not a government dept.