The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

36 minutes ago, buster. said:

And according to Steve (4LADS) we are desperate to move WesFod on and won't be difficult to deal with.

When a club whose revenue streams are limited for various reasons, are nearly always on the buttend of transfer dealings both in and out, the question is how long can that continue ?

You would assume that Gerrard has sure targetted the EL group phase, where wins start to earn you serious cash. It is sure ambitious, but I wouldn't expect anything less from a man of his stature.

Two out sure will be Foderingham and Windass. I would expect that Fod will probably go later in the window, when the English clubs chase last gasp improvements. Regarding WIndass ... people will have noted that he had no clear role any longer in these last games, and it was in fact Murphy who did what you would have expected from Windass. His slot in the attacking midfield area can be covered by Murphy, Arfield, Kent and Ejaria, and Dorrans probably too.

21 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

You would assume that Gerrard has sure targetted the EL group phase, where wins start to earn you serious cash. It is sure ambitious, but I wouldn't expect anything less from a man of his stature.

Two out sure will be Foderingham and Windass. I would expect that Fod will probably go later in the window, when the English clubs chase last gasp improvements. Regarding WIndass ... people will have noted that he had no clear role any longer in these last games, and it was in fact Murphy who did what you would have expected from Windass. His slot in the attacking midfield area can be covered by Murphy, Arfield, Kent and Ejaria, and Dorrans probably too.

We'd all obviously like and hope for European group stage football and all that it brings but getting it is another thing.

However, you'd have to say that the 3rd round qualifier draw on Monday has provided a chink of light. Now it's up to the first team players and management to take advantage of it, on the pitch.

38 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Not sure Windass’s departure will be anything to do with his ability, more the fact that his attitude is a disgrace 

From the nonsense online with his contract & then leaking to press yesterday he is dropped for tomorrow, the lad has serious attitude issues

As I said on the pod, if those bids come as expected, we won’t be difficult to deal with 

Did he leak that he had been dropped for tomorrow, I'm really surprised at that, I thought he would have been given a shot, obviously his head has been turned and it sounds like that's  the end of his rangers career, if that's the case, I hope we get a good deal for him, a decent amount of money, I think we should be aiming around the 4-5 mill mark for him, at the end of the day he was at one point a top performer for us last year, he really is a marmite player and I can see both sides of the argument, I think we could get a better player if we reinvested all that cash though.

Did anyone see the game with Liverpool and Dortmund the other night, only caught some of the way through the second half, but really wasn't impressed with Solanke at all, he had been pushed left on the front three, he might be better down the middle, he looked like a bit of a donkey tbh.

51 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

From the nonsense online with his contract & then leaking to press yesterday he is dropped for tomorrow, the lad has serious attitude issues

I'd missed that he'd leaked that he was dropped actually. I just worry we'll have another Waghorn situation on our hands if he's used better at his new team.

Anyway if we get £3m that could certainly be well used. I'm still adamant we lack a creative attacking midfielder who has a great touch, low centre of gravity and can unlock defences at will. Ejaria appears to be Gerrard's answer but I'm not so sure.

8 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

but really wasn't impressed with Solanke at all, he had been pushed left on the front three, he might be better down the middle, he looked like a bit of a donkey tbh.

I wasn't impressed with the Youtube compilations of him. We need a natural goalscorer who's good in the air because Morelos and Umar Sadiq don't provide that.

1 hour ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Not sure Windass’s departure will be anything to do with his ability, more the fact that his attitude is a disgrace 

As I said on the pod, if those bids come as expected, we won’t be difficult to deal with 

Neither the 'leaking' or the 'counter-leaking' helps the issue at hand.

13 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I wasn't impressed with the Youtube compilations of him. We need a natural goalscorer who's good in the air because Morelos and Umar Sadiq don't provide that.

22 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

Did he leak that he had been dropped for tomorrow, I'm really surprised at that, I thought he would have been given a shot, obviously his head has been turned and it sounds like that's  the end of his rangers career, if that's the case, I hope we get a good deal for him, a decent amount of money, I think we should be aiming around the 4-5 mill mark for him, at the end of the day he was at one point a top performer for us last year, he really is a marmite player and I can see both sides of the argument, I think we could get a better player if we reinvested all that cash though.

Did anyone see the game with Liverpool and Dortmund the other night, only caught some of the way through the second half, but really wasn't impressed with Solanke at all, he had been pushed left on the front three, he might be better down the middle, he looked like a bit of a donkey tbh.

Finally! 

I've never been that impressed with Solanke when I seen him last season -- albeit he played few games. But, he seems to be on everyone's signing list? 

The only caveat, for me, is that he's being played slightly out of position, and he's playing at the top end of the PL. Would he be better for us through the middle, at our level? 

I've not actually seen the 'leaking', I've only seen tweets of people taking issue with it -- which is not new on Twitter, with people reacting to a reaction, often of little substance. 

I'v not seen it anywhere either, I would still be open to starting him as a striker, particularly away from home where we may have to play on the break, mind you I think that might be his plan with Sadiq, that seemed to be the way he played for NAC going by the youtube compilations of him.

On Solanke, I'm not sure if its maybe the fact he has been at Chelsea and Liverpool, I maybe had him as a better player in my head than he actually is, I expected a lot more from him, I don't think he is a natural finisher either, he does work a lot and seems like a pest.

I really dont mind selling Wes and Windass as both are, IMO, below the level of player we should be trying to fill our team with, both in playing ability and winning attitude.

What must be taken into consideration though is if we are selling to the English market, at PL or Champ level, that the fees are not realistically aligned to ability. £3M each should be the absolute bottom dollar price. Check out both their stats and compare them to English Champ players who are going for £10M. 

Even if we have to accept a bid of around £3M each, what absolutely must be included is a sell-on clause whereby we get 10/20% of further transfers. I am hoping we had similar for Waghorn, and if not someone deserves to be sacked.

The prices for poor players in the English market are going up hugely every window, when selling to the English market we must be taking this into account.

If Derby buy Waggy for £8M, we should be getting at least £800K from that deal. If not, why not?