The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

If it were easy to replace him with someone just as good for less Bordeaux and others wouldn't be pursuing him. We need to keep him for at least another season and wait for the 8 figure offers from England.

12 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Doubt Alves was on any less.

He was on £35k I believe 

We already compete with the average championship sides for revenue and with the inclusion of Europa money will turnover more than most. Champions league money would put us up there with the top turnovers 

One question to ask is will Morelos’s value and reputation increase or decrease after a season under Gerrard?

So far it looks very likely to be the former. 

Edited by DMAA

Re. Morelos

What really matters is what SG&Co truly think about him. Not what they say in public, but what they say behind closed doors.

and 

What alternatives there are at this point of the transfer window / does the mgt team/Mark Allen have a player in mind / semi-lined-up or not.

(Not to mention, the obvious one,...only if a bid that is considered to be acceptable were to be presented).

----------------

I'd ask several questions

- Is Morelos the type of forward that suits SG ?

- Is he good enough and will he score enough goals ?

- Can you trust him ?

For me, I don't think you can trust him. It's fine if things are going well but it doesn't seem to take much and he'll lose focus / discipline.

If we had an alternative that SG is happy with and we could get a bid considerably better than 3.75M, I reckon it's time to let Alfie go.

23 minutes ago, buster. said:

Re. Morelos

What really matters is what SG&Co truly think about him. Not what they say in public, but what they say behind closed doors.

and 

What alternatives there are at this point of the transfer window / does the mgt team/Mark Allen have a player in mind / semi-lined-up or not.

(Not to mention, the obvious one,...only if a bid that is considered to be acceptable were to be presented).

----------------

I'd ask several questions

- Is Morelos the type of forward that suits SG ?

- Is he good enough and will he score enough goals ?

- Can you trust him ?

For me, I don't think you can trust him. It's fine if things are going well but it doesn't seem to take much and he'll lose focus / discipline.

If we had an alternative that SG is happy with and we could get a bid considerably better than 3.75M, I reckon it's time to let Alfie go.

He has consistently scored goals in his short career bar a dip in confidence towards the end of the season under a terrible manager. I have seen nobody since mols maybe prso who could play as well as he does with his back to goal. His upper body strength can't be taught and is a highly sought after attribute. If he gets into his national side your talking very large sums. There is absolutely no reason to think he won't score 25-30 this season at 21 years of age. He must be close to averaging a goal a game right now from less than two chances per game.

He is a clear step above all the rest and will go onto play at a very high level someday. Already he's had bids of near double figures and he's not even mid twenties yet. Attracting attention from china to Europe. Yet he's not good enough for the SPFL??

A fantastic prospect and the best youth we have by a considerable distance who's a mainstay and a key player in our formation and style.

Edited by trublusince1982

Should we make it into the EL group stage, and Freddo puts in some good performances (2 Euro goals so far this season) .....Why wouldn't he be valued at £10/15/20m???  It's always claimed that the stupid valuations for Dumbelle were ultimately down to his Euro performances, so why should that not apply to Freddo.

Compare Freddo's stats to Ceptics new bhoy Odd-one Eddiebard or even Dumbelle

...................................................Played...Goals....Euro Goals.....Value(£)

Morelos.......................................137.........73................6.................?????

Dumb-bell...................................155.........69................8...............£400Bn ( ;) )

Odd-One.......................................52.........16................3...................£9m

Looking at the above comparison....why should we be excited about accepting a bit of £3.5m?????

Edited by Darthter