The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Re. Herrera....

Get him out on loan, with loan club covering 100% wages, if he doesn't was to return to Mexico.

That way he either starts banging in the goals & we get a good, confident striker back.....or some team will pay good money to take him (hopefully)

Why do I need to do all the investigative stuff? Everyone enthralled by the World Cup or something? ?

FLHAD posted this earlier this afternoon:

Ayoub el Kaabi the Moroccan world cup striker is a player Rangers are apparently keeping an eye on, again pacey and 6 ft tall he would fit into the managers thinking. It will be extremely interesting to see if anything comes of the rumours and we do formalise any interest we may have

With less than a month gone in the window we can be happy with the window so far. I still expect more deals to be done and money to be spent, I had previously blogged I expected 4 players (CM, Winger and 2 strikers). If you consider two will arrive next week there is still room for more

https://fourladshadadream.wordpress.com/2018/06/30/steven-gerrards-vision-is-taking-shape-as-the-football-returns/

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

Re. Herrera....

Get him out on loan, with loan club covering 100% wages, if he doesn't was to return to Mexico.

That way he either starts banging in the goals & we get a good, confident striker back.....or some team will pay good money to take him (hopefully)

No one will pay any money to take him.

This is why we now have a DoF to try & prevent this type of signing(hopefully)

On 28/06/2018 at 17:46, BEARGER said:

Rangers are close to completing another loan deal for Lassana Coulibaly of Angers in France. The 22 year old Malian international plays in midfield and should join Umar Sadiq at the club assuming both are granted work permits in the coming days.

This move makes little sense. Though I understand the thought process in that Coulibaly is a highly versatile player (CM/LM/RM/DM) he brings no skill set that we do not already possess. Not smart.

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

This move makes little sense. Though I understand the thought process in that Coulibaly is a highly versatile player (CM/LM/RM/DM) he brings no skill set that we do not already possess. Not smart.

I don't know. I'd class the guy as a box-to-box midfield player, of which we've not actually got many; Docherty, maybe Jack, and that's it. 

2 hours ago, Malangsob said:

May-be we wait till we see this lad in person before deciding whether he brings any skill we don't have?

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I don't know. I'd class the guy as a box-to-box midfield player, of which we've not actually got many; Docherty, maybe Jack, and that's it. 

Given this is from Angers who have no history of high level loans I would imagine this is Rangers wanting a look to buy.

Slow going on the transfer front today, so why not bring up some mystery-bid of 4.5m from Rangers for McBurnie from a month ago and say that Swansea may actually thwart it by offering him a new contract.

And Joe Garner, whom we sold to Ipswich (where he fractured his skull a little), is a 500k target for Bolton. EDIT: Obviously, the question is, whether we included a sell-on clause back in the day ...

Edited by der Berliner