The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Allen is also hopeful of making the deals for loan pair Jason Cummings and Jamie Murphy permanent.

He said: “I’m confident Jamie will become a Rangers player, but we’re not quite there yet.

“With Jason there is dialogue, but it’s early.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2652828/rangers-mark-allen-scott-arfield-intent/

Dundee have released Jon Aurtenetxe, who is high on most analysts stats lists/tables. I'd like us to take a punt on him. Solid Left-back.

Lucas Leiva was bought by Lazio for £5m last summer and has been an important player for them all season. That seems unlikely.

His age is not an issue, because his fitness is superb. Seems unlikely too, though. 

31 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Dundee have released Jon Aurtenetxe

It really begs the question why though. It’s really hard to imagine why Dundee would choose to release a Rangers quality left back. 

I have to say that I haven't seen much of Lucas, but the figures around that deal make it seem rather unlikely. A few chaps have said that he is a tough-as-nails DM, but given the treatement Jack got, I wonder how many games he will actually play in Scotland. If he comes he will sure be No. 1 at this position, but where dos that leave Jack, Rossiter and McCrorie?

Defoe? As long as we sign Cummings on a permanent deal, I don't mind that. But as always, I believe it when I see it ...

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

It really begs the question why though. It’s really hard to imagine why Dundee would choose to release a Rangers quality left back. 

He knows what he is worth and Dundee is not able to pay him that ... would be my first thought.

Just now, der Berliner said:

I have to say that I haven't seen much of Lucas, but the figures around that deal make it seem rather unlikely. A few chaps have said that he is a tough-as-nails DM, but given the treatement Jack got, I wonder how many games he will actually play in Scotland. If he comes he will sure be No. 1 at this position, but where dos that leave Jack, Rossiter and McCrorie?

Defoe? As long as we sign Cummings on a permanent deal, I don't mind that. But as always, I believe it when I see it ...

"Silly (Close) Season" is going to more than live up to it's name this year.

Newspapers know that all they have to do is mention a name and it will be clicked upon multiple thousands of times.

You'd be as well as forgetting the MSM and staying with the 4ladshadadream twitter account.

8 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

He knows what he is worth and Dundee is not able to pay him that ... would be my first thought.

Well they specifically said he wasn't offered a deal. Had a quick look at the responses to the announcement on Twitter and the Dundee fans don't seem to care, they're more concerned about Holt who apparently started ahead of him for almost all of the second half of the season. Jon Aurtenetxe apparently got off to a great start and then started putting in some poor performances.

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Well they specifically said he wasn't offered a deal. Had a quick look at the responses to the announcement on Twitter and the Dundee fans don't seem to care, they're more concerned about Holt who apparently started ahead of him for almost all of the second half of the season. Jon Aurtenetxe apparently got off to a great start and then started putting in some poor performances.

Having said all that, I'd imagine he struggled being part of a defence that was constantly being attacked. He sounds like a left back who would look far better in a team with posession and on the front foot.