[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (McCrorie 63)

1 hour ago, buster. said:

We sometimes complain about Morelos and his dry spells but if you take a look at the latest Sheep striker Sam Cosgrove (6 months younger than Morelos) his numbers don't look too bright.

In over 1300 minutes of senior football he seems to have scored ONE goal, been booked twice and sent off once.

-------

Morelos

8793 minutes

72 goals

25 bookings

No red cards

Data source: soccerway stats

There's a good chance that Freddo just needs a wee break.

I also think is "dry spell" has been in conjunction with a general downturn in team performances.

1 minute ago, Darthter said:

There's a good chance that Freddo just needs a wee break.

I also think is "dry spell" has been in conjunction with a general downturn in team performances.

He definately needs a break, you can't continually keep punishing the body without a break.

If managed well, I think the lad could be a real top player by the time he reaches his mid-twenties.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

but if you take a look at the latest Sheep striker Sam Cosgrove (6 months younger than Morelos) his numbers don't look too bright

To be fair that's to do with the kind of striker he is. He was signed as a target man who is good in the air and brings the goalscoring attacking midfielders into the game (GMS, McGinn, Stewart, Christie).

I've played in a team where one of our best players was a big striker who didn't score. He just beat the oppositions centre backs to the ball every time and lumped it over the top for one our fast wingers to get onto.

Just now, DMAA said:

To be fair that's to do with the kind of striker he is. He was signed as a target man who is good in the air and brings the goalscoring attacking midfielders into the game (GMS, McGinn, Stewart, Christie).

I've played in a team where one of our best players was a big striker who didn't score. He just beat the oppositions centre backs to the ball every time and lumped it over the top for one our fast wingers to get onto.

Yes but I'd want a 'target man' striker to be getting goals as well.

Corners, free-kicks, crosses into the box should be meat and drink for players like that.

No semi-decent striker of that sort only makes goals.

15 minutes ago, buster. said:

Yes but I'd want a 'target man' striker to be getting goals as well.

Corners, free-kicks, crosses into the box should be meat and drink for players like that.

No semi-decent striker of that sort only makes goals.

I do agree with that, it's quite remarkable he's only manage 1 goal.

I was just cutting the guy some slack because of his style, we don't know how many assists he's had from knock-downs etc. Most of his senior games to date were played between the ages of 18-20 with probably a good few subs appearances. We'll see tonight!

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Anyone else dreading this?

giphy.gif

I've dreaded every game for years.  It has become routine.  Still, the other league games v them this season have resulted in big smiles