[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (McCrorie 63)

Score first, score second, and score third, we will be alright.

Really, it's all about each player's attitude and the collective attitude. We have won all games against the Dandies this season, a quite comfortable 7-1 aggregate in our favour. It should be emphasised that a victory this evening will almost certainly see us finish second. 

Given this season's matches against Hibs, I fail to see how a win tonight would see us almost certainly finish second.  

We were lucky to win on our last trip to Pittodrie and we have looked a shadow of a side since we lost to Celtc at Ibrox.

I'd like to see Goss back in the midfield....I think he could add some creativity - he knows how to play a pass, and good from dead-balls.  

He seemed to be doing OK for a while, then just disappeared from the 1st team.

I think McCrorie, Goss & Docherty would make an interesting setup - all young, with talent & energy.

6 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I'd like to see Goss back in the midfield....I think he could add some creativity - he knows how to play a pass, and good from dead-balls.  

He seemed to be doing OK for a while, then just disappeared from the 1st team.

I think McCrorie, Goss & Docherty would make an interesting setup - all young, with talent & energy.

I didn’t have him in my team but I wouldn’t mind seeing him play. We’re not consistent enough with dead ball deliveries and it make all the difference in close games. 

Games like today's might be taylor-made for the likes of Goss plus Windass, Murphy, Candeias and the strikers living off his passes out of midfield / defence.

Whoever adviced our midfielders and fullbacks to pass the ball to CHs like Bates and Martin for creative long-balls up front needs to be ...

Against Killie, when he came on, Goss regularly dropped deep to get the ball and do something with it, only to be ignored far too often. Wouldn't mind having him in front of Docherty and McCrorie who do the cleaning job.

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd go for a midfield diamond of:

McCrorie

Docherty Goss

Murphy

With Morelos and Cummings up front.

A more counter attacking/defensive option would be to swap Holt in for Cummings and move Murphy up top with Morelos. It does feel like a Jason Holt kind of game and Cummings looks off the pace.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Given this season's matches against Hibs, I fail to see how a win tonight would see us almost certainly finish second.  

We were lucky to win on our last trip to Pittodrie and we have looked a shadow of a side since we lost to Celtc at Ibrox.

The only thing that is certain is that if we win both games we finish second.

We sometimes complain about Morelos and his dry spells but if you take a look at the latest Sheep striker Sam Cosgrove (6 months younger than Morelos) his numbers don't look too bright.

In over 1300 minutes of senior football he seems to have scored ONE goal, been booked twice and sent off once.

-------

Morelos

8793 minutes

72 goals

25 bookings

No red cards

Data source: soccerway stats

Edited by buster.