[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (McCrorie 63)

I actually thought that last night, defensively, we didn't look too bad for a change. I don't remember Aberdeen really causing many problems on the attack and the saves Alnwick made were all fairly comfortable (and the crossbar helped as well). I know that could be down to Aberdeen being sh*te as well though.

1 hour ago, StuGers said:

How many points is that this season we have been robbed of by referees? 

I'm probably in the minority here....but I don't think the ref robbed us last night....we simply weren't good enough.

While the ref got the penalty decision wrong, I don't think the early dominance we showed would have continued.  As others have said, our team is fragile and all it would have taken was a few tweaks to Aberdeen's formation & we would have been in the same boat.

54 minutes ago, compo said:

I can't remember the last time there was a very good Scottish referee the one last night was dire .

Well when you googled Steven McLean you find out that Celtic and Aberdeen both hate him too due to apparently similarly inexplicable decision, so he must be very incompetent that he's managed to annoy so many clubs over the years.

Just now, DMAA said:

Well when you googled Steven McLean you find out that Celtic and Aberdeen both hate him too due to apparently similarly inexplicable decision, so he must be very incompetent that he's managed to annoy so many clubs over the years.

at least he's consistent....

25 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I'm probably in the minority here....but I don't think the ref robbed us last night....we simply weren't good enough.

While the ref got the penalty decision wrong, I don't think the early dominance we showed would have continued.  As others have said, our team is fragile and all it would have taken was a few tweaks to Aberdeen's formation & we would have been in the same boat.

Aberdeen scored 1 goal. That goal was from a penalty that never was. Ergo, the ref robbed us.

We didn’t play well, but still well enough to win 1-0.

1 minute ago, StuGers said:

Aberdeen scored 1 goal. That goal was from a penalty that never was. Ergo, the ref robbed us.

We didn’t play well, but still well enough to win 1-0.

If we had continued to play as we did in the 1st 10-15mins, it should have been a comfortable win - but how often have we seen that happen.

Last night, we improved in the 2nd half because we HAD to.  We should have had enough last night to score 2 or 3....but we didn't, or more accurately couldn't - and that ain't down to the ref.  Yes, we shouldn't have been a goal down, but at the same time our inability to play basic football prevented us from recovering from that goal.