Should Jimmy Nicholl be kept on?

Should be kept on in some capacity at the club next year. The guy has more experience than our last 4 bosses added together!

Tonight we ground out a result after a tactical substitution, and again looked better after the half time team talk. The sign of a good manager is that their teams improve after the break. It never happened once under Murty! Even in this clip from tonight you can tell Nicholl is a good motivator & tactician https://rangers.co.uk/news/rangers-tv/video-jimmy-nicholl-reaction-2/

Also consider how often we went on a good run under Murty, then fell apart after one bad result. He was a terrible motivator & tactician. Any team can lose, but the measure of their character is how they bounce back. 

Of course, Im not saying Jimmy Nic is world class, but I think any decent, experienced boss would have had us about 15 points ahead of where we are this season (though Celtic would’ve won more points if we had put them under that pressure).

Problem is though, Steven Gerrard might just turn out to be another Murty or Caixinha. He could be gone by Xmas. Hopefully not, but if that is how it goes then we need an experienced boss waiting in the wings. I’m fairly sure it wouldn’t be Murty again. Jimmy Nicholl should be kept on in some coaching capacity, just in case!

Jimmy Nicholl deserves thanks for stepping in but the substitution tonight was forced rather than tactical.  

It's up to Gerrard who remains but I doubt Nicholl will.

47 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Jimmy Nicholl deserves thanks for stepping in but the substitution tonight was forced rather than tactical.  

It's up to Gerrard who remains but I doubt Nicholl will.

I was referring to when he put Cummings on for Holt. When did Murty ever put Cummings on the park with Morelos, in a big game?

Jimmy didn't know McCrorie could play effectively in midfield after being here for 4 months. So for that reason he's out. Good footballer in his day.

Time to ditch the past and look forward to a wonderful future.

7 hours ago, 917 said:

Should be kept on in some capacity at the club next year. The guy has more experience than our last 4 bosses added together!

Problem is though, Steven Gerrard might just turn out to be another Murty or Caixinha. He could be gone by Xmas. Hopefully not, but if that is how it goes then we need an experienced boss waiting in the wings. I’m fairly sure it wouldn’t be Murty again. Jimmy Nicholl should be kept on in some coaching capacity, just in case!

No room for sentiment.

Even if Gerrard failed we could click our fingers and employ Nicholl again.

Besides, the whole idea has a strong, and unpleasant, smell of cowardice.

Steven Gerrard will be bringing in his own staff and I doubt would appreciate others being foisted upon him to decorate the place.

We need value for money and people who are going to contribute.

• Frankie changed the title to Should Jimmy Nicholl be kept on?

There's no room for sentiment.

We need the very best talent at all levels throughout the club.  Jimmy Nicholl has served the club well over the years but his recent managerial/coaching record doesn't suggest he's the best option now.