Our midfield in the next match

10 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I don't think the potential exuberance of the  Hibs crowd will be a factor in our team selection - only whether its the best team we can put on the park to get the result.  

And to be honest, I think this is exactly the type of game Cummings relishes so I'm hopeful we can get something out of him.  I would even throw young Zak Rudden in there to give him a bit of support, as I think he's clearly a guy who would do well feeding off of a target man.

But is Cummings a "target man". He, much like Morelos strikes me as exactly someone who lives off or works with a target man? We've seen how Boyd did it for Killie time and again, and the only chap of a similar stature and playing-style we have would be Herrera.

Edited by der Berliner

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

But is Cummings a "target man". He, much like Morelos strikes me as exactly someone who lives off or works with a target man? We've seen how Boyd did it for Killie time and again, and the only chap of a similar stature and playing-style we have would be Herrera.

Sorry I meant Cummings is a guy who I think would work well feeding off a target man, and I was suggesting Rudden might not be a bad shout 

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I would describe Morelos as a 'target man'.

He is often the target of long passes.  Also, I think we have hardly ever had him playing alongside a 'target man'.

I would describe Herrera as semi-retired.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Boyd has more movement than Herrera and offers more in the air....and that's saying something.

All about opinions and I would disagree here. At the end of the Sunday will be Nicholl's decision and we will have to wait and see whether Gerrard fancies this one-up-front stuff.

In any case, I would assume that unless he is on unreasonable money (by Mexican standards), Herrera will gladly bow out if an opportunity arises, given the way our managers treated him.

20 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

All about opinions and I would disagree here. At the end of the Sunday will be Nicholl's decision and we will have to wait and see whether Gerrard fancies this one-up-front stuff.

In any case, I would assume that unless he is on unreasonable money (by Mexican standards), Herrera will gladly bow out if an opportunity arises, given the way our managers treated him.

Opinions, as you say. I just think he's dreadful and would go as far as to say that if he starts then we'll lose. He just can't keep hold of the ball and every time the ball goes to him the opposition win it.

I actually love the big guy's attitude. He seems really positive and supportive of his team-mates when he's not playing, and seems to come across well when he sits in the directors' box. He's the guy I want to score whenever he comes on. I just wish he was a better player.

I don't think he's been treated that badly, particularly compared to Cardoso for example. He hasn't taken any opportunities that he's been given.

10 hours ago, Bluedell said:

We aren't going to see the likes of Herrera or Dodoo start and we aren't going to switch to a back 3.

My prediction

Alnwick

Tavernier - Martin - Bates - Halliday

Holt - Docherty

Candeias - Goss - Murphy

Cummings

Thats exactly the same team and set up that I said that we'd use in my comments at post #3 in this thread. It's almost like you copy and pasted it man for man. Of course you didn't you like me figured it out from how we've been setting up and with a little guess work replaced those who are injured/suspended with players who've been out of favour recently. 

Since forums/bulletin boards etc are about discussion and opinion, in my opinion, the above formation and team goes without saying really in fact its almost a tautology. In my opinion I would like to flood the midfield and deny Hibs any space in there at all with a 3-5-2. Of course I know that it is unlikely that they will use 3-5-2 and that our temp management team will go with the tried and tested set up of 4-2-3-1 with the afore mentioned names making up that formation with only one player in Rossiter being a possible talking point should he make the team. That doesnt leave much room for discussion to be honest so inject the conversation with something to discuss.

Just to make it absolutely clear... theres a massive difference between... 'I would like this to happen'... and what will happen!  

Edited by Big Jaws