Our midfield in the next match

We aren't going to see the likes of Herrera or Dodoo start and we aren't going to switch to a back 3.

My prediction

Alnwick

Tavernier - Martin - Bates - Halliday

Holt - Docherty

Candeias - Goss - Murphy

Cummings

26 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

We aren't going to see the likes of Herrera or Dodoo start and we aren't going to switch to a back 3.

My prediction

Alnwick

Holt - Docherty

Candeias - Goss - Murphy

Cummings

I think your team choice will be right but I think it will be:

Holt-Goss

Candeias- Docherty-Murphy.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

My prediction

Alnwick

Holt - Docherty

Candeias - Goss - Murphy

Cummings

That won't be far away but there's a distinct lack of bite in midfield, all a bit lightweight for my liking.

Game of the season for Cummings, going back to his old stomping ground.   Set up for him to prove if he is worth bringing in on a permanent deal.  I think he needs someone to play off of, though.  

4 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Game of the season for Cummings, going back to his old stomping ground.   Set up for him to prove if he is worth bringing in on a permanent deal.  I think he needs someone to play off of, though.  

Yep, him and Herrera would have been interesting to see, but that won't happen now. As I said, I wonder whether the management will put Cummings into that role on Sunday. Anyone seen the Hibs hordes against Hearts yesterday and remember Hampden? You wonder what they would do if Cummings scores. Hence I wonder whether the management will do this or whether Cummings will  be in the right minds for this. Essentially a lose-lose situation for him. We shall see.

56 minutes ago, pete said:

I think your team choice will be right but I think it will be:

Holt-Goss

Candeias- Docherty-Murphy.

Could be. Either way, I'd expect the middle of the 3 to be playing a bit deeper than Windass traditionally does, which could leave Cummings isolated to an extent.

I don't think the potential exuberance of the  Hibs crowd will be a factor in our team selection - only whether its the best team we can put on the park to get the result.  

And to be honest, I think this is exactly the type of game Cummings relishes so I'm hopeful we can get something out of him.  I would even throw young Zak Rudden in there to give him a bit of support, as I think he's clearly a guy who would do well feeding off of a target man.