Pena will 'not continue' with Cruz Azul loan deal

18 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Reading, and listening, to what Gerrard has been saying would make you think that this will happen.

Nothing is certain though and I am praying that this is what really happens.

I was happy to give him a chance while Pedro was still here but I think that we have all been far too patient already.

Absolutely. He’s actually ripping off fans many of whom are earning low wages and who are subsidising his attitude problem and his non-contribution. We are still trying to raise this club from the wreckage and he isn’t putting his shoulder to the wheel. For the record I’ll wager I drink more than Pena. But as we seem to be a club tolerant of signing people not up to doing the job they are paid for i’ll do a deal and sign for just 5k a week. 

His feet shouldn't touch touch the ground. If he doesn’t adapt immediately or within a few days then clear him out. If we lose money we lose money but accepting the level of commitment he has shown will undermine everything SG has said so far and undermine the raising of standards we need across the club. 

17 hours ago, pete said:

Is that not the words of every new manager though. I think it comes out of the  Football Coaching for Dummies yearbook, brought out every May. It is whether they can produce the goods that is important and not what they say beforehand. I hope he is true to his word. The Feynoord club song says "Geen woorden maar Daden" and that translated is "No words but deeds" That is the important bit.

Getting rid of slackers counts as a deed. 

11 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Pena in false story shocker!  Who comes up with these ridiculous stories?  The poor guy is having a tough time and yet feels he has to come out with a clarification like this while with his family.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Pena in false story shocker!  Who comes up with these ridiculous stories?  The poor guy is having a tough time and yet feels he has to come out with a clarification like this while with his family.

Ask Keith Jackson and his team  of investigative journalists, mudslingers and liers?

If the guy has addiction issues the club should be, and have to support him. As for the press and Jackson, if he is hounding or harassing him due to these issues then Jackson should be diciplined by the authorities, and police should be involved.

imagine if it was a sceptic player with issues? Would the coverage be the same?