Pena will 'not continue' with Cruz Azul loan deal

41 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Said it before ... having him with us would probably mean he gets away from his troubles in Mexico, chicas, alcohol, whatever. You can see his ability in glimpses, 5 goals in 14 games tells its story ... not least with a chap half-fit. Obviously, we are no rehab-centre, but who knows. Staying in Britain and being supervised a little may bring the player out of him, if his mind is with it. After all, who would not rip oneself apart to be part of the Gerrard revolution, play "in Europe" and end up in the EPL :shifty::D

I suppose it all depends on how Gerrard view him....he may see something worth fighting for, he may view it as a lost cause.

From Pena's point of view, if he wants to learn/progress, then who better to have as a mentor than Gerrard?

1 hour ago, Darthter said:

Pena is an annoying one....the lad clearly has bags of skill & Talent, but just doesn't appear to focus enough on his playing.

Maybe SG could impart some of his experience/wisdom to Pena & give him a glimpse of what he could be.  I fear, however that will NOT be the case.

Maybe he will do a Fernando Ricksen and get off the drink and be player of the year next season. Can we not mix Morelos and Pena together in a shaker.

1 minute ago, pete said:

Maybe he will do a Fernando Ricksen and get off the drink and be player of the year next season. Can we not mix Morelos and Pena together in a shaker.

Do you think Morelos will be at Rangers next season? 

It depends on how much we are offered. Personally I hope so as he is totally in a different class to Andy Halliday and is still only 21. I do not think he is a natural striker though andshould be played behind a striker as in the Windass position.

As I said in the podcast though he needs to walk about singing "I am happy" Maybe a happy pill every day will help. Or are they a banned substance for Rangers players.:D

With Pena, i'm sure with the right mentoring will could just possibly see the player that is most definitely in there and i'm sure Gerrard has seen pretty much all type of characters being properly managed.

However, i'm not so sure Pena will be welcomed back by most after his nose wiping charade.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Said it before ... having him with us would probably mean he gets away from his troubles in Mexico, chicas, alcohol, whatever. You can see his ability in glimpses, 5 goals in 14 games tells its story ... not least with a chap half-fit. Obviously, we are no rehab-centre, but who knows. Staying in Britain and being supervised a little may bring the player out of him, if his mind is with it. After all, who would not rip oneself apart to be part of the Gerrard revolution, play "in Europe" and end up in the EPL :shifty::D

You wonder what will be made of this loan deal. It was strangely long and who knows how it can be terminated / shortened. I would assume King is not privvy to the finer details. Methinks we cut Beerman's loan deal short as he was getting no games at QP or the like?

I don't think him being here in Scotland well help much to be honest - if anything, I think it's the Scottish influence that's brought the worst out in him. I heard stories about him being seen in Waitrose on Byres road buying a carry out on the way home from training. I've no idea if that's the truth though, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Him being constantly hungover though could be a good explanation as to why he was always a couple of yards off the pace in every game he played.

Edited by TheUKCrazyhorse
Spelling

We only have three options:

1.  Pay him enough to accept terminati on of his contract

2.  Find another club willing to take him on loan or permanently

3.  Give him an opportunity to play his way into the team.

Option 2 is unlikely, so that only leaves 1 and 3.  Either way, we will be paying him so the only logical option is 3, unless he proves to be a disruptive influence.  He has a golden opportunity with Gerrard.  I hope he takes it because Pena is a class player, and certainly much better (if playing at his best) than anything we have or are likely to have.  He's allowed his highly promising career to be derailed by alcohol and it's sad to see it happen to players (or anyone for that matter).  I'd love him to turn it around because we could really do with a player of his quality.  I've watched him for many years and I know what he's capable of.  It's now time to show everyone.