Rangers granted European Licence for 2018/19

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers granted European Licence for 2018/19
1 hour ago, pete said:

For all those idiot sooth sayers who like to ask for donations for their blethering.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3584/club-licencing-current-status-2018.pdf

I explained the process in the other thread and this was never in any doubt, even if a breach of FFP criteria was identified.  It's unbelievable how people will believe anything when they really want to, and those that are funding some of those bloggers really need to take a good hard look at themselves.  I did get one thing wrong.  I thought that UEFA would have us on their monitoring (again, it's explained in the other thread) but they haven't.  I can only assume that our submission was compelling enough without it.  I say that because Silver isn't allocated as a rating to clubs on the monitoring list.  That's what the bronze rating is for.  I expect that our youth costs and stadium improvements costs were taken out as I had expected and thereby lowering us below the threshold of losses.  That's a good sign.

I'm a little surprised at Hamilton being rejected because that's unusual.  I can only imagine that is nothing to do with financials and must have some other reason.  Anyway, that's their problem and not ours.

p.s.  What is also funny about twitter is that some of the bloggers are claiming that the SFA is involved in a conspiracy.  The SFA only submits our plans and receives the outcomes.  That's the extent of their involvement, but again these so called experts seem to think differently.

9 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I'm a little surprised at Hamilton being rejected because that's unusual.  I can only imagine that is nothing to do with financials and must have some other reason.  Anyway, that's their problem and not ours.

Something to do with the £1m that was fraudulently taken from them?

10 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Something to do with the £1m that was fraudulently taken from them?

They wouldn't be rejected because of that, and in fact they are unlikely to be declined for any financial reason.  I'm thinking it must be something they couldn't submit, or something in terms of their stadium or other facilities.  Obviously it doesn't matter to them so they probably won't spend the money to achieve compliance if it has no consequence.