Jamie Murphy signs permanently?

I didn't think it was as much as 2 mill, I thought it was somewhere between 800k and 1.3 mill. I quite like murphy, maybe under the right manager he will shine more. I think his return hasn't been to bad though 4 goals and 5 assists since January, definitely something to build on

BTW ... let's go a bit more official with this:

JAMIE MURPHY has joined Rangers on loan until the end of the season when the move will become permanent with Rangers paying a guaranteed fixed fee.

Rangers were willing to sign the former Motherwell player on a long-term deal during the January window but Brighton prefer to wait until the end of the season before making the switch permanent.

However, only Rangers will have the option to sign Jamie at that time.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/murphy-joins-gers/

Jamie Murphy has left Brighton & Hove Albion to join Scottish Premiership side Glasgow Rangers - initially on loan until the end of the season, with the move expected to become permanent when the summer transfer window opens.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/january/murphy-joins-rangers/

And regarding the fee ... mostly speculation:

Jamie Murphy has completed his move to Rangers after the clubs agreed an initial loan deal which will become permanent in the summer.

The 28-year-old returns to Scottish football after penning a loan switch until the end of the season at which point Rangers will be the only club with an option to sign him.

The 28-year-old had been posted missing when Gers left Edinburgh Airport yesterday, despite a fee being agreed and a medical and personal terms sorted on a three-and-a-half-year deal.

It’s understood Brighton’s legal team wanted to do due diligence and a credit check on Gers being good for the whole fee agreed, including add-ons, before they signed off on his clearance.

Although the initial fee was around the £1million mark, it is understood the Seagulls are eventually looking for a full return of the £1.7m they paid Sheffield United for him.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-complete-jamie-murphy-loan-11797042

4 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

A parody of what?

DB or perhaps yourself. 

I've always assumed you were sending yourself up when you complain of a lack of objectivity. But perhaps you just really lack self awareness. 

Edited by the gunslinger

2 hours ago, Darthter said:

In the press conference today, Mark Allen essentially confirmed that the Murphy loan/signing was a done deal....

I don't know why this was being reported as news. He was asked whether Rangers had first option to buy him at the end of the loan and he confirmed that we did which we all already knew.