5 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

I've seen it said elsewhere that we can't have a much bigger stadium due to limited parking/public transport.

Best to focus on making small improvements to what we have.

If demand for tickets remains high then we can make more money from hospitality and tickets in general.

I've also seen it said elsewhere that we can't fill in the corners of the Govan stand without completely rebuilding it.  Surely not worth the effort.

If we did want to increase capacity then perhaps the best idea would be to do something with the Copland stand only.

We can but it would require the Copland,Govan and Broomloan Stands to be re-roofed in a different design to the current goal post style.

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

If you look at pictures of the stands prior to the corners being filled in you will see that there is a supporting pillar on either side.  These pillars support girders that runs across the top of each of the three stands.  I believe that filling in the top half of the corners would involve removing the pillars on either side.  If you do this then you need to support the roof in some other way.  Quite expensive I imagine.

If we really want to expand the corner areas then we need something expensive or radical.  The radical option would be to remove the roof.  This would be good in some ways as the online community could move on from fantasizing about more seats to complaining about not having a roof.  Particularly good for those of us, laughing our heads off, in the main stand.

4peddug.jpg

3 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Agreed.  That's more or less what I mean.

It could be phased over a few seasons to avoid any reduction in capacity during construction.

A forward looking Board could factor in other elements including the upcoming disabled seating requirements, safe standing and the inbuilt structural advantage the Tims have by being able to sell 10k more seats perhaps then the investment required would seem much more realistic than dealing with each item on its own.

3 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

It could be phased over a few seasons to avoid any reduction in capacity during construction.

A forward looking Board could factor in other elements including the upcoming disabled seating requirements, safe standing and the inbuilt structural advantage the Tims have by being able to sell 10k more seats perhaps then the investment required would seem much more realistic than dealing with each item on its own.

I'm not sure that the club wants safe standing.

The additional seats don't need to be a structural advantage.  As I mentioned, this can push up hospitality prices and season ticket prices.

Also, I still think we might face restrictions on increasing capacity.  We already have to keep the Albion car park open in order to open the Club Deck.  Can we increase capacity without providing more parking?  I think the answer may be no.

1 minute ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm not sure that the club wants safe standing.

The additional seats don't need to be a structural advantage.  As I mentioned, this can push up hospitality prices and season ticket prices.

Also, I still think we might face restrictions on increasing capacity.  We already have to keep the Albion car park open in order to open the Club Deck.  Can we increase capacity without providing more parking?  I think the answer may be no.

Safe standing will arrive at some point or other.

We're going to lose circa 2000 seats to install appropriate wheelchair spaces.

We rarely sell out hospitality as it is, when the Ibrox Suite is opened as a pub for an Old Firm game that tells it's own story.

Parking is a red herring.

• Frankie changed the title to A new stadium