Rangers go to battle with football authorities

12 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Why are none of the other clubs questioning this?

They are waiting to see what Liewell's response will be and hence they can judge the relative strength of each side before they jump.

15 minutes ago, colinstein said:

so the SPFL Board were not told that the company he was also working for was partly owned by Desmond and another person with strong associations with Celtic

surely whoever "head hunted" this guy would have known this.

I don't know who head hunted him.......but surely it wouldn't have been Nolan Associates....they people who brought us Regan

MacLennan was the SPFL board’s unanimous choice to succeed Topping following a recruitment process conducted by worldwide sports executive search agency Nolan Partners.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/11/telegraph-media-group-deputy-chairman-murdoch-maclennan-appointed/

2 minutes ago, barca72 said:

They are waiting to see what Liewell's response will be and hence they can judge the relative strength of each side before they jump.

This is why I believe DK is not only challenging the SPFL/SFA, he is also challenging all the other clubs!

7 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

This is why I believe DK is not only challenging the SPFL/SFA, he is also challenging all the other clubs!

I agree, but unless DK can do more than shed light on the situation - e.g. court action - then they may still quiver under Liewell's influence.

1 minute ago, barca72 said:

I agree, but unless DK can do more than shed light on the situation - e.g. court action - then they may still quiver under Liewell's influence.

That's true, but then that's the time for us to stop funding these other clubs until the corruption is dealt with.  The loss of the blue pound will work better than court action in this case.

4 minutes ago, barca72 said:

Aye, thing is with SG now manager the worldwide attention this brings this will get more exposure outwith Scotland! everyone will see what is going on