Rangers go to battle with football authorities

SPFL shouldn’t have any difficulty then in demonstrating appropriate disclosures and transparency. 

If of course sll this is above board then it still makes the SPFL look like they don’t care about the background of people they appoint with regards to impartiality. Their statement yesterday said  ‘rubber stamping’ of the appointment took place. Sorry but in what other industry do you simply rubber stamp such an appointment or have the lack of acumen at that level to suggest it is merely a rubber stamping process. 

The role of Stewart Robertson who is on the board needs to be looked at purely from a Rangers perspective. If this was all disclosed, above board and he has also approved then he is out of his depth from a Rangers viewpoint. 

Edited by Walterbear

Just now, StuGers said:

I find it unsurprising that BBC Scotland isn’t covering this story. It’s almost as if they don’t want the story breaking down South and into the international domain.

I’m sure we will have friends in the media down south with Stevie G at the helm.

Dave King's response to the SPFL statement is excellent.  This is why I wish he had more time to allocate to the club.  He's exactly the sort of person you want as your chairman when there's crap to deal with.  He's playing a blinder at the moment and long may it continue.  The chairmen and women at the other clubs are weak and he's doing their jobs for them.  Where are they?  Why aren't they supporting this request?  They know it's wrong too, but they're too frightened or lazy to do anything about it.  I think DK must have enjoyed Stevie G's "let's go" phrase because now he's really having a go himself.  I'm loving this!!!

He's not the Messiah but he's not a naughty boy either

we owe him, we really do, for bothering his arse enough to get us out the clutches of people who were exploiting us

Like them all, King will never get his money back

Edited by colinstein

KING BLAST

Rangers chief Dave King launches fresh attack on SPFL over chairman Murdoch MacLennan’s ‘link’ to Celtic tycoon Dermot Desmond

Yesterday King called on SPFL chairman MacLennan to be relieved of his duties while “an investigation by a senior QC” was conducted.

The SPFL hit back, telling the Rangers chairman there would be no probe into MacLennan’s job as non-executive chairman of Independent News and Media PLC – an Irish publishing giant part owned by Celtic tycoon Desmond.

League chiefs said MacLennan’s new role was rubber-stamped by the SPFL board – which includes Ibrox supremo Stewart Robertson.

In a fresh outburst, King said: “I am surprised at the SPFL’s response to my request for an independent investigation into the relationship of its chairman to major shareholders in Celtic FC.

“Any organisation that has behaved properly would welcome an independent and transparent review.

“The SPFL’s response does not even attempt to answer why there was non-disclosure of the conflict that immediately arose when the SPFL chairman accepted this appointment.

“SPFL board members were informed that their chairman was taking up a non-executive directorship with another business but they were not told there was a conflict of interest due to common shareholders with significant influence within that company and Celtic FC.

“We need to be told if the SPFL chairman chose not to disclose the conflict.

“If it transpires that he did in fact make the required disclosure then to whom did he address this and why did that person not relay this critical information to SPFL board members?

“Had the conflict been disclosed the SPFL board members could have carried out their fiduciary obligation by interrogating this conflict of interest and agreeing how the chairman would deal with it going forward.

“The existence of this conflict means that the SPFL chairman must recuse himself from much of the business of the SPFL going forward thereby rendering his present position as being not fit for purpose.

“The SPFL’s rather hurried and inadequate response merely reinforces my personal view that good governance is not a priority for the SPFL executive.

“These questions must be addressed immediately if confidence is to be restored in the SPFL executive and its chairman.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2715900/dave-king-spfl-dermot-desmond-rangers-celtic-attack/

I feel this huge wave of relief wash over me when I read that. At long, long last a Rangers chairman having the guts and gumption to question the cosy cabal.

so the SPFL Board were not told that the company he was also working for was partly owned by Desmond and another person with strong associations with Celtic

surely whoever "head hunted" this guy would have known this.

I don't know who head hunted him.......but surely it wouldn't have been Nolan Associates....they people who brought us Regan