The More Things Change, The More The Remain The Same

So Murray just hangs onto the "money makers" in and around Rangers!!

I was about to say the Albion is the biggest farce of the lot as how can you take a car park away when you expect so big crowds but then I remembered the port-a-cabin ticket office...Thats a serious joke. Even the rest of the SPL clubs have decent ticket offices for the size of them but we have a caravan for a club our size!!! You couldnt make that up. Im sure Man Utd and Arsenal dont have caravans outside there 5 star stadiums.

Rangers own Murray Park - not SDM or MIH.

Thank god for that was getting a bit worried after reading Cammy's post, this is the sort of thing that starts on a forum and some people take it as read and tell thier mates, before you know it you have thousands of Rangers fans believing its true.

I would presume any prospective buyer will be taking such things into account in their bid and there is no way Murray Park will not be included in any agreed deal. It would not be in either party's interest to exclude it from the sale.

For example, what would Murray do with it if Rangers don't like his terms and decide to train elsewhere? Why would anyone buy Rangers without the training ground? But in any case I'm pretty sure Frankie is right.

I have a feeling the car-park would be included too.

Any deal to buy Rangers will be long and protracted to sort out all these issues.

Exactly Calscot - and it is premature to say that any prospective buyer will not get the Albion, Murray Park etc etc.

When SDM leaves he will have no use for the said pieces of property that Rangers once owned (the Albion he could very well have a use for as it is decent sixed land and relatively undeveloped) but the rest he won't need.

And if he really wants to sell Rangers then he really should be trying to get as much as he can - normally "synergy" is the best way of achieving this (or the whole is greater than the sum of the parts) - this would mean he probably would get a better deal by including Murray Park, Albion, bringing the Youth Development side back into Rangers.

All assumptions right now, but SDM is a shrewd businessman and will know that trying to sell the Rangers squad and staff along with Ibrox would be a much harder sell than selling the afore-mentioned PLUS Murray Park, Albion etc.

But if he doesn't put forth money on a decent product on the pitch this pre-season then maybe we should all just follow this guy's lead (http://myfootballclub.co.uk/latestnews.php) and buy Rangers ourselves, because if there isn't a product this season he will find Rangers a very hard sell.

When SDM leaves he will have no use for the said pieces of property that Rangers once owned (the Albion he could very well have a use for as it is decent sixed land and relatively undeveloped) but the rest he won't need.

And if he really wants to sell Rangers then he really should be trying to get as much as he can - normally "synergy" is the best way of achieving this (or the whole is greater than the sum of the parts) - this would mean he probably would get a better deal by including Murray Park, Albion, bringing the Youth Development side back into Rangers.

All assumptions right now, but SDM is a shrewd businessman and will know that trying to sell the Rangers squad and staff along with Ibrox would be a much harder sell than selling the afore-mentioned PLUS Murray Park, Albion etc.

Yeah I see what you and calscot are saying that these things will make buying the club more attractive, but I can see why Murray (the shrewd businessman) may try and hold onto them simply coz they are money makers.

But it depends how much he wants to sell up and how much ties he wants with Rangers at the end of it.

But why would Murray, his family and his companies give up ownership of these properties?

The Albion is 'prime site' and was sold to Murrays son for �£1 - can you see him selling the new owner this land for the same price? Off course not, especially when he can get millions for it if it is used for housing, or more likely a hotel (given its easy access to Glasgow Airport.

Frankie will now better than me regarding the ownership of Murray Park, and maybe its just me, but I wouldn't be sure that Murray Park belongs to us.

If these properties aren't sold on, there is no disputing that SDM will continue to use Rangers as his own personal cash cow - a fooking rediculous situation to find ourselves in..

Cammy F