Potential Line-ups

I was certain there was a thread about this posted, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to speculate on potential line-ups given we've made a few signings now. 

As said elsewhere, I can see a 3-4-3 being deployed.

McGregor

Katic - Alves/McCrorie - Goldson

Tavernier - Jack - Dorrans - John

Windass - Arfield

Morelos

Those inside forward roles are difficult to predict: anyone two of Murphy, Windass, Candeias, Ejaria, Arfield can all play there. 

Docherty and Rossiter could come into the midfield two, too.

Yeah, suggestions of a 3-4-3 have merit but it would be a surprise to see Candeias and Murphy both effectively dropped from our starting XI

Because of that I think a 4-3-3/4-5-1 is perhaps more likely but it would be good to have extra flexibility, that's for sure.

McGregor

Katic   Goldson McCrorie

Tavernier                                                                  John

Rossiter Jack Arfield

Murphy

Morelos

29 minutes ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Darren McGregor was the POTY in 2015...

Aye, but in a piss poor team... wait....

Seriously though, I find it a little concerning that our best player of last season, by a fair distance (Morelos would have been had he remained consistent) would be someone that we are almost willingly removing from the team.  Candeias works hard on both sides of the ball and doesn't deserve to be sidelined.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Seriously though, I find it a little concerning that our best player of last season, by a fair distance (Morelos would have been had he remained consistent) would be someone that we are almost willingly removing from the team.  Candeias works hard on both sides of the ball and doesn't deserve to be sidelined.

I'd warn all not to listen to Craig, he's a deeply placed Fifth Columnist looking to play a long game (but as short as possible) to have Kevin Thomson installed as manager and his son as club captain.

:whistle: :laugh:

15 hours ago, craig said:

I totally agree - Candeis was, probably by a country mile, the most consistant player in the team (in a positive way - there were plenty of consistently sh*te players as well).