One bit of really good news today.

Good news. I think we need someone in the team like him, but I have a real problem when we play him, Fergie and Thomson. I'd only be playing one of those 3 in my first 11 if we sign a more attacking midfielder.

I actually disagree with that... :)

I think a midfield 3 of Thomson, Ferguson and Hemdani would be superb. KT and BH can play the holding roles allowing Ferguson to get forward to link with the strikers.

Add in Scott Brown, a decent replacement for Dado and Boyd to score the goals, then I would be pretty happy with that.

:cheers:

I think a midfield 3 of Thomson, Ferguson and Hemdani would be superb. KT and BH can play the holding roles allowing Ferguson to get forward to link with the strikers.

Add in Scott Brown, a decent replacement for Dado and Boyd to score the goals, then I would be pretty happy with that.

Only problem I got with that (except Boyd scoring :) ) is Ferguson just isnt consistant in the position going forward. He played it not so long ago albeit with just 1 striker and it just didnt work.

Its proving real tricky to work out a team with those 3 in it other than a 3-5-2 or playing Thomson wide left. I just dont see Thomson as a natural left sided attacking option. That position is Lee McCullochs in the waiting.

Only problem I got with that (except Boyd scoring :) ) is Ferguson just isnt consistant in the position going forward. He played it not so long ago albeit with just 1 striker and it just didnt work.

Its proving real tricky to work out a team with those 3 in it other than a 3-5-2 or playing Thomson wide left. I just dont see Thomson as a natural left sided attacking option. That position is Lee McCullochs in the waiting.

You could go for 4-3-3.

With those 3 in the middle and Boyd, Brown and McCulloch up front.

The only problem i do have with this is how often Boyd will be left isolated up on his own with Brown and McCulloch pulling wider, we all know Boyd cant hold the ball up.

I agree it looks good on paper Frankie, but 9 times out of 10, Fergie ends up playing deeper than anyone. This isn't meant to kick off in to another debate about Fergie, but we look very negative when the three of them play. Unless Fergie plays in a more advanced position and sticks to it, its kind of pointless.

Do we need 2 holding midfielders in the SPL? Was that not one of the main criticisms about PLG's team selection?

Would we not then miss a naturally left sided midfielder?

I agree it looks good on paper Frankie, but 9 times out of 10, Fergie ends up playing deeper than anyone. This isn't meant to kick off in to another debate about Fergie, but we look very negative when the three of them play. Unless Fergie plays in a more advanced position and sticks to it, its kind of pointless.

Do we need 2 holding midfielders in the SPL? Was that not one of the main criticisms about PLG's team selection?

Obviously Fergie coming deep ruins the game plan, no arguemenst tehre. But if one of the other midfielders could find a forward pass to give him the ball maybe he wouldn't come deep? He seems to drop deeper the longer a game goes on and that's a sign of frustration at seeing little of the ball. Something I hadn't considered before but the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

very well put

KT, BF and Hemdani in the same midfield isn�´t a good balance given BF�´s tendancy to drop back (that will increase as he gets older).

It is also pedestrian and we need some speed in the team.

Clement for me was a player who played well with BF, he covered alot of ground snapping at ankles, winning the ball and allowed BF to play.

I thought Clement while showing promise, was lightweight and error prone. I prefer Hemdani in the role.

What I�´m getting at more than the pro�´s and cons of each player is the best kind of players to compliment each other.

BF and BH for me are too similar in style, especially so because BF nearly always drops back.