Official: Rangers sign Jon Flanagan on 2 year deal

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

YOU couldn't nor could I...this is why the topic was never brought up by myself nor any on here. However grasshopper, it is a very important topic with many IRISH people. Remember my man...to many an Irishman, Rangers and all things represented are Satan. 

2 days should make some differense? Why not 2 months? Signalling is usually conducted immediately as it is emotional. Emotions don't tend to wait.

I have led many a young man. Young men...especially sporting ones love to team up. The ones who like to stand out in teams are the ones who we must examine closer. 

Have you been drinking ?  I cant make head nor tail of your first sentence.  What topic was never brought up on here ?  The colour of his boots ?  His background ?  Can you tell us the relevance of either ?

May have slipped your notice, but Rangers are a Scottish club, playing in Scotland in the Scottish leagues.  We have many Irish supporters, but that doesn't mean the club should be enforcing a silly rule such as not wearing green football boots - it is daft and immature.

There is NO signaling, certainly not after 2 days.  That makes absolutely zero sense that the guy would sign and within 2 days "signal" that he isn't up for it or hasn't bought into it.  Zero sense in that statement.

I have led many a young man as a football coach, as a mentor, as an administrator, as a boss - and they really couldn't care less what their team-mates or work colleague wear so long as they are willing to be part of the team and pull their weight to achieve the collective goal.  And I can guarantee you that NOT ONE of the Rangers players will be suggesting Flanagan isn't in it.... because his boots are green.

It is a laughable suggestion.

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

Gonzo...I don't care either...seriously. However, there is nothing enigmatic about his color selection given his background. I don't trust him. Mark my word you will curse his name if for nothing else than rabid stupidity. 

The only thing stupid in this thread is the needless slating of a player based on the colour of his foowear.

31 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

What violent past?

To be fair... even though it was one incident the beating he gave his fiancé could still be termed a "violent past".

31 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Nope...I know people. Mark my word.

You know Flanagan ?  Because it doesn't matter how many people you know, people are unique and your attempt to box them into the same little box is pointless.

I know people too.  Does that mean I know Flanagan as well as you do ?  Unless you know Flanagan then yes it does.

You don't know him, do you ?  Therefore you have absolutely ZERO proof he is a bad egg for the club.  And most definitely not based on his boot colour.

31 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I am done with this topic. I have made my stance clear. No more to say. He is a Ranger. I support my team to the end. 

So long as they don't wear green boots it seems :roflmao:

1 hour ago, Bill said:

This ability to judge new players before they’ve even kicked a ball is a wonderful gift. Sadly, I’ve always had to wait to see what they actually do before forming an opinion.

So for you it is a red herring, or a shark tale. You need time to chew the cod.:D