Official: Rangers sign Jon Flanagan on 2 year deal

15 minutes ago, barca72 said:
Matt.7. [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge,ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

With respect mate, I don't believe in mumbo jumbo fairy tales, however as a man I believe everyone deserves a second chance, everyone!

Just now, ian1964 said:

With respect mate, I don't believe in mumbo jumbo fairy tales, however as a man I believe everyone deserves a second chance, everyone!

I agree with you about mumbo jumbo but that quotation is sound advice.

10 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

No worries, man. It does seem that we agree on the important point.

Just now, barca72 said:

No worries, man. It does seem that we agree on the important point.

Absolutely, I will judge him, as with every player, on how he performs on the pitch

11 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

What did he do?

Flanagan was handed a 12-month community order last season after being convicted for assaulting his girlfriend and was sent to Championship club Bolton for a temporary spell weeks later.

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

I really wpuld prefer we didnt sign players who have done such things

If your wanting discussion on that read back the thread. I am finished on the subject.

When you read the actual article, at the top the "trending" artciles also appear. Given the amount of signings we made and no other than Steven Gerrard is our new manager, the articles there give you an idea what is more important to the Herald and the "rheadership":

"There are so many Rangers firms they could form their own Premiership"
"Ibrox Chief in new court proceedings over failure to make 11m Rangers shares bid"
"Taxman wins 240k costs over Rangers 'Big Tax Case' victory"
"Rangers man's rights breached"
"Disgraceful 20m Rangers oldco liquidation leaves creditors with 1.4m"

Certainly a "trend". Not least since she noted two non-Yahoo players also charged, but the Lennon stuff goes unnoticed (probably edited out).

More generally, what the columnist calmly ignored that it was a drunken one-off incident he accepted the responsibility for, his wife apparently forgave him and the couple are soon to be married. A small bit of info that would tell you that he's no wife-beater or sex-offender which the article itself seems to target.

Some stuff really takes the biscuit though:
As an athlete, I had a clause in my contract which stated that bringing my sport into disrepute would result in that contract being cancelled. That was, I believe, entirely justified and is surely fair whatever the sport.

Did she ever remarked anything on the antics of TLB? A whole host of Yahoo players? The child abuse swept under the carpet then AND now?

As she states herself:
For any club to sign players with such crimes on their record gives the distinct impression that almost anything will be swept under the carpet if you can kick a ball well. If that’s the mentality, there’s something wrong.

The bi-polarity on show is well and truly beyond joke.