Gersnet World Cup Prediction League: Last 16

Just now, Rousseau said:

I thought the same.

I feel the next one will be the same, so another goal fest?

I've went Full Monty and predicteda goalless 120 minutes so you'd probably best to have a sly fiver on over 5 goals :whistle:

3 hours ago, pete said:

Messi has been totally crap and looks totally disinterested. How anyone can think he is better than Johan Cruijff just baffles me.

Because he is.

17 minutes ago, craig said:

Because he is.

Totally crap I hope you mean. If you think he is better than Cruijff then you need to go and see your Psychiatrist. He only breaks into a jog when he has the ball, the rest he was just wanders about like a lost kid. Total disgrace today.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Totally crap I hope you mean. If you think he is better than Cruijff then you need to go and see your Psychiatrist. He only breaks into a jog when he has the ball, the rest he was just wanders about like a lost kid. Total disgrace today.

Aye ok Pete.  Messi’s career should be determined by one tournaments d not what he has done in his career.

save me the pish about you knowing best and me needing to see a shrink.  You should be embarrassed by such a stupid comment.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Aye ok Pete.  Messi’s career should be determined by one tournaments d not what he has done in his career.

save me the pish about you knowing best and me needing to see a shrink.  You should be embarrassed by such a stupid comment.

3 world cups i believe and not scored a goal and been a flop in every one. Messi is nowhere near Cruijff's level.

The only thing he did better than Cruijff is that he went to the world Cup where Cruijff reneged to go. A pity as Holland would have won it probably twice.

Sorry the Shrink part was just a saying and not meant to be taken serious. Although sometimes I do wonder.:D

Aw crap. I missed the first games here!! I’d have got at least one of them wrong anyway ??‍♂️??‍♂️

France Argentina

Uruguay Portugal

Spain 2 - 3 Russia

Croatia 3 - 0 Denmark

Brazil 1 - 0 Mexico 

Belgium 3 - 1 Japan JOKER 

Sweden 1 - 0 Switzerland 

Colombia 1 - 1 England 

Edited by Barebear

10 hours ago, craig said:

Messi has had an outstanding career and has been a consistently brilliant for many seasons but performance in WC Finals has a disproportionate effect on the old 'best ever' argument, whether that be right or not.

Messi would have been better staying retired from the national team and not going to the WC because by going and leaving such a relatively poor image, it has left an indelible mark on his legacy. That may seem unfair given we are talking 4 football matches but thet is the WC for you.

Edited by buster.

Predictions were split for the URU-POR game, with few gaining points, but those that did got good ones.

Bill, compo, whosthedado, Gonzo and BEARGER gained 1 point for the Correct Result.

Craig, Yorkie, Gaffer and r_s gained 3 points for the Correct Score.

No major change, but the pack closes in!

Latest Standings: