Rangers new hummel kits go on sale today

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Not being aware of detail or it's potential implications appears to have played a part in this latest setback.

As they say in Spain, with SDI you need siete ojos.

Of course it did absolutely but lets take that ball and run with it a bit then. Here's your choice circa 2017, trigger the leaving clause in the existing contract and encourage the boycott takes you up to 2025 without a repica kit revenue stream or renegotiate the contract to gain a better share of the revenue stream until a bid from the market becomes available? What do?

1 minute ago, Big Jaws said:

Of course it did absolutely but lets take that ball and run with it a bit then. Here's your choice circa 2017, trigger the leaving clause in the existing contract and encourage the boycott takes you up to 2025 without a repica kit revenue stream or renegotiate the contract to gain a better share of the revenue stream until a bid from the market becomes available? What do?

Presuming the option taken was the best available.

Continue negotiating until removal or material change in clause(s) we've now been seriously hampered by.

Just now, buster. said:

Presuming the option taken was the best available.

Continue negotiating until removal or material change in clause(s) we've now been seriously hampered by.

We cant be seriously hampered by something that doesn't yet exist? As it currently stands there is no new contract the Club have not released a statement to suggest the negotiations have ended or that we indeed have a deal. All we have is that his Lordship has instructed both parties to get to the negotiating table.

40 minutes ago, buster. said:

Don't sign up to it in the first place, Spring2017.

I think that would one of two benchmarks for me regarding any suggested boycott. Boycott merchandise which is being released in accordance with a deal we signed in spring 2017 ?

The other concern would be another boycott on shirt sales - I would be worried that potential kit suppliers might view us as a risk not worth taking in the forseeable future.

Edited by D'Artagnan

1 minute ago, Big Jaws said:

We cant be seriously hampered by something that doesn't yet exist? As it currently stands there is no new contract the Club have not released a statement to suggest the negotiations have ended or that we indeed have a deal. All we have is that his Lordship has instructed both parties to get to the negotiating table.

I thought you asked me about a choice from 2017, not the present situation.

Here's your choice circa 2017,...........What do?

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

I thought you asked me about a choice from 2017, not the present situation.

Here's your choice circa 2017,...........What do?

I did so either I misunderstood what you offered in your second paragraph which deals with present tense or your intention was to suggest it?

Edited by Big Jaws

Just now, Big Jaws said:

I did so either I misunderstood what you offered in your second paragraph which deals with present tense or your intention was to suggest it?

My grammar is colin Nish, it was about the 2017.

12 minutes ago, buster. said:

My grammar is colin Nish, it was about the 2017.

Ahh OK no problem.

In that case the subtext of this discussion is that at the time of that contract negotiation in 2017 we were in a far more difficult and disadvantaged predicament with regards to the existing contract before negotiation. After negotiation, and with a £3m sweetner, we're in a better position in terms of revenue stream available to us as certain aspects of the previous contract have been negotiated out. SDI does either carry over or insert 'roll over' and 'first refusal if an offer from the market materialises' which the board decides is more advantageous to the Club than 7p in the £1 and 7 year termination with a continued boycott. Which brings us up to the current situation where TRFC and SDI have been instructed to negotiate a new contract.

Edited by Big Jaws