Rangers new hummel kits go on sale today

1 hour ago, Bill said:

High Streets all over the country are dying because of outfits like Amazon. You no longer need shops to reach customers. 

Yes I buy almost everything online these days. Delivered to your door in a number of days and far cheaper as in the shops. I would have no problem buying a football shirt online.

28 minutes ago, pete said:

Yes I buy almost everything online these days. Delivered to your door in a number of days and far cheaper as in the shops. I would have no problem buying a football shirt online.

It amazes me that Rangers feels a need for a retail partner at all and certainly not at this particular time. 

10 hours ago, Bill said:

High Streets all over the country are dying because of outfits like Amazon. You no longer need shops to reach customers. 

Sure but infrastructure is so much more than opening a shop and still comes at a cost.

1 hour ago, onevision said:

Sure but infrastructure is so much more than opening a shop and still comes at a cost.

We already have the basis of that infrastructure and what we don’t have is readily available at much more reasonable cost. Bottom line - the Rangers support knows how to find Rangers. 

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

We already have the basis of that infrastructure and what we don’t have is readily available at much more reasonable cost. Bottom line - the Rangers support knows how to find Rangers. 

If they just get the strips out online then they could look at opening shops in the future. That would obviously need a warehouse and a number of staff but surely that would not take more than a couple of months to set up if you get a good manager in.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

would be interested to hear what retail infrastructure you think we as a football club have.

rangers direct are long gone , we have had nothing in house since jjb 12 years ago.

how times have changed, on signing with jjb we got 18 million up front, how handy would that be now?

was that signing on fee at the expense of retail profit margins? must have been.

but it did supply a cash injection.

short termism from our former custodians, perhaps.

but i think we are a million miles away from regaining control of our own retail operations.

200 employees pre jjb, that's a significant infrastructure, never mind premises.

Rangers have agreed a 10-year licence agreement with sports retailer JJB Sports worth a minimum of £48m.
The Glasgow club will receive an initial payment of £18m on 7 June, when they launch their new Umbro home kit.

A guaranteed minimum annual royalty of £3m will be received by Rangers in each year of the licence.

Rangers chairman David Murray said: "It will allow for the reduction of the club's debt and enable further investment to be made in the team."
Murray, who had promised a major announcement once his side were out of the Champions League, said the club's facilities would also benefit.

But there is sure to be job losses, with the present Rangers Shop chain, which employs 200 people, likely to close.

suppose it doesn't help much given our contractual situation, but thought I'd have a quick look at how others operate.

picked Everton, at random, they have a pretty slick looking online shop.

Ts and Cs say it is owned and operated by Fanatics International PLC.

never heard of them but obviously they are a company with an abilty to provide the infrastructure requied to provide online facilities and get everton shirts and merchandise into high street outlets.

demonstrates  the big names like sd , jd aren't the only options for partnership.