[FT] Rangers 2 (Murphy 23; Tavernier 90+2 pen) - 0 FC Shkupi

Ibrox sold out for this match, once again Rangers fans prove we are the best supporters in the world. 

SG enters into his first European match as a manager and he will have the backing of the tremendous Rangers fans. You can tell this early how determined & excited the gaffer is already, he will demand his players give their all in every match this season, let's just hope we get off to a flyer in this match!

I am confident we will win this match, I just hope we hammer them tonight which I think we will.

The game will be shown live on BT Sport 1.

Coverage begins at 19:15.

The game will also be available to RangersTV subscribers outwith the UK.

Premier Sports  – will show the AWAY leg live.

FK Shkupi were founded back in 2012 due to a merge with another club FK Sloga Jugomagnat. Before the merge Shkupi were called KF Zafer.

After the merge they started in the fourth division of Macedonian football and they only made it back into the top division in season 2015/16.

Shkupi fans have been known to steal the oppositions flags & banners during the match.

FK Shkupi finished fourth in the Macedonian league last season, finishing with a record of 13W, 12D & 11L. They only made it into the Europa League by one point. Sileks narrowly missed out on European Football. Shkupi didn’t enjoy a good cup run, they were knocked out by Vardar in the Last 16. They drew 1-1 in the first leg but got beaten 2-0 in the second leg putting them out.

The clubs top scorer last season was Alen Jasharovski who scored 13 goals in 35 appearances. Rangers won’t have to worry about Alen as he has now moved on from Shkupi signing for Kosovo side Prishtina.

FK Shkupi have no current record in a European competition. This will be their first season competing in the UEFA Europa League.

I hope Gerrard has had them all on a diet of raw red meat for the last fortnight. If they don't take the field for this game like men possessed then we might as well give up.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

I hope Gerrard has had them all on a diet of raw red meat for the last fortnight. If they don't take the field for this game like men possessed then we might as well give up.

He is probably well up on excuses after watching the England pundits yesterday. At half-time they were by far the better team and were virtually in the final. By the end they were too young and inexperienced. I loved the pain!:D

13 minutes ago, pete said:

He is probably well up on excuses after watching the England pundits yesterday. At half-time they were by far the better team and were virtually in the final. By the end they were too young and inexperienced. I loved the pain!:D

It takes a lot for me to say I was sick of listening to their pish, but I was. I’m positive you got more satisfaction than me Pete but it’s not surprising. I wanted them to win it but can you imagine the next 50 years? 

The team and manager were humble, respectful and approachable. The pundits, media and some of the supporters are just rocket launched blow hards!

Anyway, back to tonight! I have a meeting today that I can’t be arsed with and then it’s almost game time? 

Edited by cooponthewing

3 minutes ago, pete said:

I can honestly say I saw England in the same way I saw every other team ... as a neutral fan of football. I enjoyed the enthusiasm the English showed for their team, the same as any other country. The only two things I found tedious about this world cup were the collapsing cheats and my fellow Scots who are so lacking in self-confidence that they daily filled social media with their endless whining and vitriol about England.

1 minute ago, cooponthewing said:

It takes a lot for me to say I was sick of listening to their pish, but I was. I’m positive you got more satisfaction than me Pete but it’s not surprising. I wanted them to win it but can you imagine the next 50 years? 

The team and manager were humble, respectful and approachable. The pundits, media and some of the supporters are just rocket launched blow hards!

And best of all they were crying.:D