Herrera moves back to Mexico on loan

36 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I think the clue is in the words "Portuguese prat"

Herrera is Mexican.

Nationality is fluid.  This week Herrera may have identified as a Portuguese national.

Disappointing it's only a loan.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Nationality is fluid.  This week Herrera may have identified as a Portuguese national.

Disappointing it's only a loan.

Or possibly a Mexican prat

Bill / D'Artagnan:  please replace 'player' with 'manager'.  My point is still the same.  You can be a smart ass all you want, but calling a Rangers player/manager a prat is bad form in my opinion, especially when they did their best for the club.  Their best just wasn't good enough.  You may think it's acceptable, I don't.  That's all.

3 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Bill / D'Artagnan:  please replace 'player' with 'manager'.  My point is still the same.  You can be a smart ass all you want, but calling a Rangers player/manager a prat is bad form in my opinion, especially when they did their best for the club.  Their best just wasn't good enough.  You may think it's acceptable, I don't.  That's all.

On the contrary, calling that manager a prat is almost an act of compassion. 

Can we get back to normal levels now?

PC did not work, yet, as opposed to those who like it simple, I disagree that all the disappointment we suffered was to be blamed on him. The team is made up of 20odd players and a manager - and in his and Murty's case, many of those involved from management and playing staff contributed to PC's and Murty's failure.

I can understand when people say that Herrera et al weren't good enough for Rangers. For it takes a certain quality and personality to succeed at our club. And obviously, it is very much a rather subjective opinion whether someone has the quality to succeed at Rangers when never really given a chance.

What I can't stand is people behave like bampots saying that he ain't even a footballer or the manager has no clue. For the sheer fact that Herrera has been a professional footballer and a Mexican international for ages and PC has been a coach and manager for two decades or more prove these statements to be rubbish. Plain and simple. Unless, of course, one's ego is big enough to call all their previous employers idiots. Which in turn gives you some idea of these egos.

When I turned to British football ... and eventually Rangers FC ... one of the reasons was a certain respect and honesty amongst British footballers, the lack of simulation and cheating (well, back in those days at least). And along with that came an understanding that we as Rangers supporters don't only "follow", but do so above the level of your "normal" football supporter.

Standards have changed over the years, but if people come to our club, give all they have - even if it is not of the demanded/required standard - and move on when the day comes, they will receive my thanks for their service and a wish of good luck. For, not least in the here and now, they tried to get our club back where it belongs. That's the way I expect Rangers supporters to do this and honor the effort (or, in this day and age, at least stop throwing vile good-byes after them).

*Before Craig intervenes ... there are exceptions to the rule, such ay Kyle Hutton. But that's Hutton's own fault as he disrespected the club and its supporters when he was with us and how he acts on the field of play against us now.

I see it from both perspectives.  As supporters and Rangers men, we should behave in a respectful way towards our club and its employees.

As the people who fund their salaries, however, we have a right to criticise them.  

There's a few ex-Rangers men I am openly critical of (McCoist, Butcher and Naismith) and make no apologies for it.  I don't like Windass either.

As for Herrera and PC, I agree with dB.  They came, they tried but they weren't good enough.  Abusing them is unproductive.

Edited by Gonzo79

• Frankie changed the title to Herrera moves back to Mexico on loan
10 hours ago, Gaffer said:

If you dont think there is a difference between a player who for no reason other than a shortage of ability, and a manager who recklessly spends the transfer budget he has been given, spending a large part of it on a player he knew had alcohol related problems - then we will have to agree to disagree.

29 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

If you dont think there is a difference between a player who for no reason other than a shortage of ability, and a manager who recklessly spends the transfer budget he has been given, spending a large part of it on a player he knew had alcohol related problems - then we will have to agree to disagree.

Saying it like that is more constructive.

Simply calling him a prat, not so much.