Club contact Police Scotland

15 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

To be fair, the BBC Scotland bunch carefully chose what they actually report about and what they leave unremarked. Doing "their job" as it should be done every now and then does not change this.

It also doesn't change the fact that, in this instance, they have been balanced and fair.  Not everything is a conspiracy against us and, when they do they job the way it should be done, we should at least acknowledge it.  You suggested McLaughlin took it as an opportunity to throw dirt at Rangers - when, in fact, what he reported here was, surprisingly for him, simply the truth.

He could just as easily have taken the DR route and suggested it was more than one fan.

And, to be clear, if a Rangers fans acts like this whilst supporting his club, home or abroad, then he SHOULD be named and shamed - he found it appropriate to verbally, racially abuse children - so he deserves to be outed and he deserves to be lambasted.  Also nothing wrong in the Rangers connection as he was supporting Rangers at the time....

You defend Scrote on here, you know? The chap who is onto ANY negative Rangers story in a flash, and who is not seen when anything positive or remotely positive is being reported on our club. It has nothing to do with "conspiracies" et al.

But I won't want to distract from the actual topic any more, which is bad enough.

Edited by der Berliner

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

You defend Scrote on here, you know? The chap who is onto ANY negative Rangers story in a flash, and who is not seen when anything positive or remotely positive is being reported on our club. It has nothing to do with "conspiracies" et al.

But I won't want this thread to distract from the actual topic any more, which is bad enough.

I couldn't care less dB if I am "defending" him.  If he reports accurately then I will acknowledge it.  The same way as I will lambast him when he is inaccurate or overly negative towards us when unwarranted.

I think you both make valid points.  This particular report is balanced enough but the BBC do tend to pick and choose which stories they run with and they are often worded quite differently, depending on which club is involved.

I'm assuming the twit who will soon see himself in bother was drunk at the time and is probably feeling guilty, stupid and ashamed.  And so he should.

8 minutes ago, craig said:

I couldn't care less dB if I am "defending" him.  If he reports accurately then I will acknowledge it.  The same way as I will lambast him when he is inaccurate or overly negative towards us when unwarranted.

Craig, after everything that insect had said and reported over the last 6 years or so, seriously? He slanders and degraded the Rangers support for fun and one balanced report has you praising him. Come on?

I suspect that perhaps someone has had a word with him from down south. We have to be reported in a balanced manner now that SG is here.

Anyway, fair play if you want to acknowledge him but it’s not for me. He is no friend of our club or support. He is the polar opposite.

36 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Craig, after everything that insect had said and reported over the last 6 years or so, seriously? He slanders and degraded the Rangers support for fun and one balanced report has you praising him. Come on?

I suspect that perhaps someone has had a word with him from down south. We have to be reported in a balanced manner now that SG is here.

Anyway, fair play if you want to acknowledge him but it’s not for me. He is no friend of our club or support. He is the polar opposite.

Where did I praise him ?  People need to stop reading what they want to read and pay attention to what is actually being posted.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Where did I praise him ?  People need to stop reading what they want to read and pay attention to what is actually being posted.

Pointing out that he does his job and that not everything is a conspiracy sets a certain tone. And no matter how you turn it, it is him - again - putting his name on a negative story about us. And we can leave it at that, I would suggest.

Edited by der Berliner

10 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Pointing out that he does his job and that not everything is a conspiracy sets a certain tone. And no matter how you turn it, it is him - again - putting his name on a negative story about us. And we can leave it at that, I would suggest.

If there was no name on the article, would you have interpreted it in the same way? In which case, does that mean your are biased towards the article, because of the author?

Personally, I thought it was a fairly balanced piece, about a thoroughly abhorrent incident, that just happened to involve and 'alleged' Rangers supporter. Nothing more. It deserved to be brought to our attention so that this idiot can be found and dealt with.

And I'm glad the club took the initiative and reported this to the police as well, so that it can't be reported as though they were ignoring the incident.