Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 30pen)

16 minutes ago, RTB2004 said:

People across Twitter now posting pictures of Ryan Jack leaving Pittodrie in an ambulance.

Hopefully it's a standard cautionary procedure for a head injury.

1 minute ago, cooponthewing said:

It shows the measure of him that he takes it all and gives 100% v them. Fingers crossed he is ok?

I'm praying he is alright. By far the best player on the pitch for us today but being wheeled into an ambulance defo doesn't sound promising to me.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

I sometimes wonder if there might not be so much an element of trying to keep us away from 55 but rather ease their way to 10. But that's for the conspiracy theorists. In reality it's just coincidence. Right?

I think you are bang on the money with that JFK. There will be coercion and corruption between many influential bodies to make this happen. We need to highlight it and expose what’s going on. Even after (and if?) they get ten? We must stop until they are exposed no matter who they are?

- I'd have taken a draw if offered after Morelos was sent off. The lateness of equaliser is what makes it feel worse. 

- We need to sort out middle to front or we will draw too many games we should be winning.

- If linesman witnessed the provocation and retaliation then we should have had a free-kick at edge of their box.

- Morelos has to be told in no uncertain terms about his discipline and I tend to think, if possible we could do with shipping him out and getting someone else in. For every positive with Alfie, there is a negative coming down the road. They knew he was one of two they'd look to wind-up (along with Ryan Jack). Regardless of soft decision, it was Morelos who cost us.

- If Jack is out of European game, it's a fairly important blow

Just now, buster. said:

If Jack is out of European game, it's a fairly important blow

Yep and i'm also wondering if we may have secured a comfortable second place at a minimum if he hadn't been taken out of the side so early last season.

2 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

Was literally about to post about this. If Goldson stands up he would have blocked it. No idea what was going through his head

2 hours ago, pete said:

I agree Morelos gave the Referee a decision to make. I have no idea how the linesman missed the 2 barges on Morelos though. A stern warning was enough here but Clancy couldn't get his card out quick enough. I doubt we will contest the red card to be honest.

Further I have no idea what Goldson was doing at the goal he had time to make a tackle with his foot but decided to dive like a penguin. I honestly believe that Katic is our best defender and covers up for Goldson on many occasions. Katic and Jack were immense. McCrorie may have been a better option than Mccrorie for Jack but I think Gerrard wanted to keep us dangerous and not sit on the 18 yard box.

I think that's unfair. When a ball is about to be blasted towards your goal, you're first reaction should not be to stay still. Yes, in hindsight staying still would've blocked it, but he couldn't know that. He tried to block it, and failed. 

40 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I didn't think May's tackle was that bad.  I didn't think it was a sending off or a penalty either.

Football is a man's game.

Quite.

And today's bad decisions and honest mistakes will even out over the season. 

It's a draw that simply feels like a defeat to me. We're far better than they are and could still have won it playing with 10 men. We would have scored more with a full team on the pitch and they would have been even more dominated.