Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 30pen)

1 hour ago, Dave M609 said:

Just seen on SSN that they think McKenna has torn his hamstring, hopefully that c**t Stevie May gets cruciate ligament damage in their next game

We should make a cheeky bid of 200k.

On 05/08/2018 at 22:57, MacK1950 said:

Just watched sportscene,thought comments by Thomson/Stewart fair enough.Morelos stupid but provoked,they agreed Ball should have seen red,not much comment on May's tackle and nothing shown on attack on Arfield.

In short typical BBC highlights coverage mainly showing sheep in possesion/attack and laughable that they can only show comments by the Rangers managers hijacked from another station.

Pacific Quay get your act together and act for all licence payers.

I don't think the comments from either of the two of them on the Dom Ball penalty were fair enough at all. They were at pains to tell us that Coulibaly was offside when he isn't if the ball comes off a defender. If that doesn't happen then he is offside but since it does he's, to my knowledge, not offside. I'm pretty sure I've seen it in a televised game recently too. I can describe that goal, player is in an offside position when the ball comes off the inside of the defenders leg, but for the life of me I can't remember which game. 

6 hours ago, Big Jaws said:

I don't think the comments from either of the two of them on the Dom Ball penalty were fair enough at all. They were at pains to tell us that Coulibaly was offside when he isn't if the ball comes off a defender. If that doesn't happen then he is offside but since it does he's, to my knowledge, not offside. I'm pretty sure I've seen it in a televised game recently too. I can describe that goal, player is in an offside position when the ball comes off the inside of the defenders leg, but for the life of me I can't remember which game. 

Depends where Coulibaly was when his own player hit it as to whether he’s offside.  If he’s offside when his own player hits it, he’s offside no matter the deflection. If, however, he is onside when his own player hits it, but is offside after it hits defender, then he’s onside.  It happened in the World Cup when, I think, Japan beat Germany.  In that instance the question was whether or not the ball had hit attacker or defender, after VAR it was found it had been played by defender and couldn’t be offside.

interesting that they would say he’s offside so perhaps not a penalty.... but don’t say that Morelos doesn’t get sent off if McKenna doesn’t manhandle him twice.

the hypocrisy is oozing

I think you are wrong Craig. If a player is on the half way line and tries to pass it back to his keeper but overlooks an attacker in front of his keeper then the player is not offside. If it comes off a defender then I don't think you can be offside no matter where you are when the ball is kicked. Remember Morelos taking the ball off the keeper in your version he would have been offside.

An attacking player is only onside if the ball was last deliberately played by an opponent (except for a deliberate save).  On Sunday, the ball was deflected off two Aberdeen players after the initial shot from Arfield and at that point Coulibaly was offside.  If the ball had gone straight into the net he may not have been flagged though unless he was obstructing the goalie's line of vision.

However, as soon as Coulibaly touched the ball he gained an advantage from the initial offside position so would have been flagged if it wasn't for the penalty offence which occurred before Coulibaly became 'active'.

10 minutes ago, Frankie said:

An attacking player is only onside if the ball was last deliberately played by an opponent (except for a deliberate save).  On Sunday, the ball was deflected off two Aberdeen players after the initial shot from Arfield and at that point Coulibaly was offside.  If the ball had gone straight into the net he may not have been flagged though unless he was obstructing the goalie's line of vision.

However, as soon as Coulibaly touched the ball he gained an advantage from the initial offside position so would have been flagged if it wasn't for the penalty offence which occurred before Coulibaly became 'active'.

I stand corrected.

12 minutes ago, pete said:

I stand corrected.

Apparently, staying corrected is the thing?

I hear there is a mature lady in the west end of Glasgow, who for remuneration ensures you are the subject of correction. Employs a tambourine to tear striplings of flesh from your buttocks, whilst shouting, 'hallelujah'.

A spiritual correction. 

7 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Apparently, staying corrected is the thing?

I hear there is a mature lady in the west end of Glasgow, who for remuneration ensures you are the subject of correction. Employs a tambourine to tear striplings of flesh from your buttocks, whilst shouting, 'hallelujah'.

A spiritual correction. 

I always wanted to be a Tambourine man as well.:D