Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 30pen)

Thing about todays game is if we can get it together in the final third and take chances.

So far, we've been solid without  much punch up front.

(Aberdeen have been similar)

Whatever happens in todays game won't mean we are champions elect or our season has ended but it's the game on Thursday that we really could do with having our attack firing given how much money the EL group stages would bring in.....and the thing about Maribor is that they appear to be very difficult to score goals against.

It'll be interesting to see how much SG varies the starting XI for today, I'd like to see Arfield start in place of Ejaria. I think his drive would be a big plus for this type of game. It would also tell us more about what he is capable of offering us.

Ryan Jack needs to stay calm because they'll be targetting him and wanting him to do something silly.

Yesterdays 4 top flight games saw a unifom 4 yellow cards in each match.

I'd guess our game today will see more.

Bet365 aren't generous with their price for a Red card to be shown, 11/5.

Contrast that with the price they offer for a red in the Leeds v Stoke match, 4/1.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I like the three in midfield.  Plenty of grit.

No so sure about Murphy and Windass starting though.  Two players who regularly disappear.  Candeias and Middleton would be better.

Solid back to middle

We don't know our best combination middle to front yet.

Windass starting is a surprise, producing puzzlement and apoplexy in equal measure. 

Maybe SG has found Josh's 'natural posn', and he will start to tear up trees. Small trees, granted, shrubs, well bushes, really.....