Rangers Fans March

1 hour ago, cooponthewing said:

You will sleep better now eh? Two fans arrested for flares, well well the middle classes can buy themselves a nice new pillow!

Nobody is happy about this in fact quite the opposite. The whole thing in a paramilitary style exercise with masked faces etc has a sinister undertone to it and is 100% pointless aside from humouring some bunch of boys. The concern around here is the image of the club and this type of thing even if it goes off with zero arrests does the club zero good and still tarnishes it's image.

Sinister bunch of boys?  Sounds scary.

They knew what would happen if they let flares off.  

I doubt anyone in Scotland, who doesn't hate Rangers anyway, cares about the march or the arrests.  

What a load of piss and wind. A fuss over nothing. No one outside the bubble ever notices these things, or cares. Personally, I'd rather go for a pint but if people want to march, why not? As for "sinister" ... I don't think so.

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Nobody is happy about this in fact quite the opposite. The whole thing in a paramilitary style exercise with masked faces etc has a sinister undertone to it and is 100% pointless aside from humouring some bunch of boys. The concern around here is the image of the club and this type of thing even if it goes off with zero arrests does the club zero good and still tarnishes it's image.

There's nothing sinister about it.

It's a bunch of teenagers copying a culture that is prevalent on the continent. Sure, aspects of it may not be to your or I's taste but generally, other than the odd bit of gentle civil disobedience, it's largely harmless.

One could also argue it's an understandable retort to the increasing restrictions placed on our daily lives by the government and police.

As for any arrests, the lads involved will see them as a badge of honour so I wouldn't be too worried about that.  That's the risk they take in being involved.

Remove the pyrotechnics & the face hiding (though didn't seem that much this time), and you have a the same impact with the fans participating & watching, but with out the potentially negative overtones.  You also have something that could be turned into a positive thing!!!

6 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Remove the pyrotechnics & the face hiding (though didn't seem that much this time), and you have a the same impact with the fans participating & watching, but with out the potentially negative overtones.  You also have something that could be turned into a positive thing!!!

It’s an ultra thing, it is what it is. Why should you want young fans in Scotland be different from ultra fans Europe wide? Should young Scottish fans be singled out and expected to behave differently? This is what they do, get over it.

21 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

It’s an ultra thing, it is what it is. Why should you want young fans in Scotland be different from ultra fans Europe wide? Should young Scottish fans be singled out and expected to behave differently? This is what they do, get over it.

Doesn't make it big, clever or right though....Who want's to be like everyone else - other fans should want to be like us!!!

All I'm saying is, with a slight change of tact, these matchday marches could be a great thing for the club & supporters.

Ultras all want to be like other Ultras.  Thus the generic songs, outfits and pyrotechnics.  

Just arrange an alternative march or ignore the UB march if you feel intimidated by their marches (which teenage girls attend).  

5 hours ago, Frankie said:

There's nothing sinister about it.

I said sinister undertones and there can be no denying masking of faces during such activities fits that description.

5 hours ago, Frankie said:

As for any arrests, the lads involved will see them as a badge of honour so I wouldn't be too worried about that.  That's the risk they take in being involved.

I frankly don't care if they're all arrested in some other situation because then it wouldn't be my concern. But when they're being connected to the club and arrested then we should all be worried about the image of the club. 

From HERALD.
A RANGERS fans group have been criticised amid claims a 70-year-old’s birthday party had to be cancelled because of a pre-match demonstration.

The Union Bears led a march to Ibrox Stadium before the club’s tie with St Mirren last week, having previously been criticised for a similar walk before an Old Firm game this year.

Hundreds of supporters were seen marching down Brand Street, banging drums, chanting and some holding flares.

And that is said to have prompted the family of an elderly resident at the Ailsa Craig Care Home to shut down a birthday bash.

Police Scotland have admitted they are finding it difficult to track the organisers of the march but warned that season tickets could be confiscated.

Inspector Kevin Lammie said: “It’s challenging to find out who the organiser is. Police have an intelligence department where we’re reviewing these incidents.

“These will be reported to Rangers who take a very dim view with season tickets being taken off people.”

But area councillor Ricky Bell hit back and said: “It can’t be that hard to find out who is organising it. You could start by asking the guy at the front of the march holding the megaphone.

“It’s exactly what was said after the first one in March before the Old Firm game. The same type of behaviour has taken place again outside an old folks’ home.

“There’s been some fairly severe action taken against fans of other clubs in the city, but I think we’d like to get assurances that you are doing something here.

“It’s not acceptable just to allow this to go on as a permanent fixture within the football calendar in and around the Ibrox and Cessnock area.”

In March this year, a similar demonstration was criticised after flares were set off and a banner portraying someone being kicked was held by supporters.

Stephen Dornan, who recently led calls to stop Rangers using the Ibrox Football Centre for a fan zone, called for season tickets to be taken from those who use flares or hold offensive banners.

He added: “There was a march and it stopped outside the old folks’ home. A birthday party at the home was cancelled because of that.

“That kind of thing happened in the East End with the Green Brigade but there doesn’t seem to be the same urgency to deal with it here.

“It cannot continue because some of the stuff there is generally offensive. Banners portraying people with their heads kicked-in can’t continue.”

An Ailsa Craig Care Home source said: “The home didn’t cancel the birthday party, it was the family’s decision.”