Official: Barisic signs on a 4 year deal

Every single one of us that watched these Osijek games will be delighted with this signing.  Flanagan has been great though, so I wonder what the plan is.  I think playing four at the back is his preferred option, but this gives the opportunity to play with 5.  Katic (left), Goldson (centre), and Flanagan (right) can be a tough back three and the width would then be provided by Barisic and Tav.  Either way, this competition for places is excellent.

What this acquisition also tells me is that Rangers are confident of securing a striker cheaply or on loan, otherwise there's no way they be spending money on another left back if they thought these funds were needed elsewhere.

I appreciate the board is doing a great job of funding the transfers, but Allen (with a great deal of influence from SG no doubt) seems to be doing a great job.  How we've got this guy at this price is incredible.  It just shows what talent is available in that part of the world.  There won't be many left backs better than him.  Maybe he has a few pals that want to join us too.  I hear Modric wants a new challenge.  But seriously, we made Aberdeen look poor on Sunday, and that's with a new team.  Can you imagine what we can do when they get up to speed with one another?  Exciting times await us.

The Celtic game is now an interesting one.  I feel they really need to beat us to maintains the dominance.  They need to dampen our spirits and aspirations, and quickly.  If they don't, the confidence we will take from a point or more might just kickstart an unimaginable season.

Edited by Gaffer

April 2018

Tavernier - Martin - McCrorie - Halliday                  Bench: Hodson

Holt - Dorrans                                     Bench: Goss, Docherty

August 2018

Tavernier - Goldson - Katic - Barisic                          Bench: Flanagan

Coulibaly - Jack                                           Bench: McCrorie

What a difference in the back 6 Celtic will face this season compared to 4-5 months ago.

Granted injuries were involved but the lack of defensive ability in that back 6 was staggering and virtually unprecented at Rangers. I predict the days of the old firm drubbings are over and the signing of Barisic - when we weren't desperate for a left back by any means - just emphasises how important Gerrard believes real quality in defence is.

Souness more than halved the goals conceded in his first season and Gerrard will be aiming to do the same.

Really pleased with the Barisic signing. Should be good value at £2m

Maybe we should be looking more often in countries like Croatia for signings instead of paying over to he odds elsewhere. Any Croatian strikers we could be looking at ?

7 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Really pleased with the Barisic signing. Should be good value at £2m

Maybe we should be looking more often in countries like Croatia for signings instead of paying over to he odds elsewhere. Any Croatian strikers we could be looking at ?

If there are presumably Barisic and Katic could tell us about them. I think this is a very good signing indeed and it's going to be all the better for him and for us that he has a fellow countryman he was apparently already friendly with here.

34 minutes ago, magic hat said:

While that mob still makes huge blogs about admin 10! 

Yep, I had a look around the usual suspects and as usual they're obsessing on us more than they are on their own team. The hubz are actually at least as obsessive as the yahoos. I think it was a couple of days ago they had 4 seperate threads on their front page all obsessing about the Rangers.

Not a word about how strong a team this is shaping up to be mind you and the current obsession has been around a long time. They're skint, where is all the money coming from, every stone should be turned to find out, if they don't make the Europa league group stages it's admin 2 by the turn of the year.

There appears to be a real fear that we will indeed make that group stage and an unspoken suspicion among them that we appear to be capable of making it. That would have them literally frothing at the mouth especially so if we turned out to be the only Scottish team in Europe beyond the Summer holidays.

Though I think that unlikely, who might the yahoos face to get to the Europa league? Derry City I think.

18 hours ago, buster. said:

Important: He speaks English reasonably well and will soon be fluent in a Weegie/Scouse mix !!

"Weegie"? There is no such thing. Please excise the term from your vocabulary.