The Premier League

They are indeed. I was a big admirer of Liverpool from Billy Liddell onwards through the Stevenson, Hall and Heighway days, even Dalglish but I went off them after Heysel and Hillsborough. The SG connection and their excellent football may redeem them.

Brighton are no pushovers but imagine the rumblings of disquiet at Ibrox if Rangers had spent the SPL equivalent of Liverpool’s outlay and could only beat Accies 1-0 at home. Imagine the sneering in the media.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

They are indeed. I was a big admirer of Liverpool from Billy Liddell onwards through the Stevenson, Hall and Heighway days, even Dalglish but I went off them after Heysel and Hillsborough. The SG connection and their excellent football may redeem them.

Brighton are no pushovers but imagine the rumblings of disquiet at Ibrox if Rangers had spent the SPL equivalent of Liverpool’s outlay and could only beat Accies 1-0 at home. Imagine the sneering in the media.

But using that example, Brighton beat Man Utd last week..............could that mean Accies will trumph today ?

:whistle:

Took United to second place and won a diddy cup last season. Quite good. Better than every other club in England except City.

But with the players he had they should have been much closer to the champions.

He just has a limited shelf life at any one club.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Took United to second place and won a diddy cup last season. Quite good. Better than every other club in England except City.

But with the players he had they should have been much closer to the champions.

He just has a limited shelf life at any one club.

I believe all managers have a shelf life our own Wattie was one big Stein another tactics change and the game marches on .

Apparently the new Liverpool super goalie had a clanger which lost them a goal. Trying to be too fancy with the ball at his feet in the box. Instead of just hoofing it away he tried some needless crowd pleasing fancy stuff and got caught out. Bet Klopp had something to say about that. Luckily it didn’t lose them any points.