The Premier League

Disastrous day of predictions. Later in the day I changed my thoughts on Newcastle and fancied Brighton to win but didnt change it on the coupon.

Man Utd are strange, they werent in the game for the first half but yet again come out in the second half and going forward are a different animal. A draw was a fair score.

Lloris won Spurs 3 points, 4 unreal saves. But I think there is problems still at West Ham, good players but just still seem on a rollercoaster.

EPL tends to be a difficult league to predict games apart from the likes of Man City v Burnley, in which the bookies aren't giving anything away (saw a price of 1/14 for the home win :eek2:).

On a sidenote, good to see Newcastle at the bottom. If the likes of Brighton can pick up 3 points from St.James Park then the MASH Machine is in real trouble.

9 League games

2 against 'big teams' = 2 defeats

7 against 'diddy teams' = 7 wins

'The Aberdeen of England'

They have Liverpool at home on the 3rd of November, when we'll get a better idea of their progress.

So, just what offence constitutes a penalty against Arsenal?

Last night an Arsenal defender, Holding, I think, clearly and in front of the referee, hand balled a cross back to his 'keeper, stopping a Leicester player from getting a header on goal. The official took no action - poor refereeing even if judged  by the general standards of the Scottish Professional League. 

7 hours ago, buster. said:

9 League games

2 against 'big teams' = 2 defeats

7 against 'diddy teams' = 7 wins

'The Aberdeen of England'

They have Liverpool at home on the 3rd of November, when we'll get a better idea of their progress.

The difference being that under Wenger last season, they would drop points to those diddy teams too.  Good enough to win the league ?  No chance.  Progress ?  It would appear so.

17 minutes ago, craig said:

The difference being that under Wenger last season, they would drop points to those diddy teams too.  Good enough to win the league ?  No chance.  Progress ?  It would appear so.

It's pointless to be issuing judgement on Arsenal at this time. They were a shambles, now they're not ... it's clear they're on a path from failure to success. How much success depends on how far along that path Emery can take them and like Rangers they're going to need more than one transfer window before major silverware is a credible possibility but saying they're the Aberdeen of England at this stage, as if this point in time somehow defines their future, is pathetic.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's pointless to be issuing judgement on Arsenal at this time. They were a shambles, now they're not ... it's clear they're on a path from failure to success. How much success depends on how far along that path Emery can take them and like Rangers they're going to need more than one transfer window before major silverware is a credible possibility but saying they're the Aberdeen of England at this stage, as if this point in time somehow defines their future, is pathetic.

Reliable as ever, Bill !

I see you are doing more of what you usually shout about,...ignoring me. 

But then Mr Walking Contradiction has a reputation to maintain.

Whilst in the same post, helping to prove an observation I made about you a few weeks ago.....that you are yourself, often exactly what you are calling others out for. In this case "pathetic" has to be pretty much what you'd call your attemped dig towards me.

Pathetic Walking Contradiction (PWC)...have you anymore room to fit that in with the description below your username, that incidently you must have happened upon whilst doing some of that contradictory ignoring of me.