The Premier League

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's pointless to be issuing judgement on Arsenal at this time. They were a shambles, now they're not ... it's clear they're on a path from failure to success. How much success depends on how far along that path Emery can take them and like Rangers they're going to need more than one transfer window before major silverware is a credible possibility but saying they're the Aberdeen of England at this stage, as if this point in time somehow defines their future, is pathetic.

Indeed, a season doesn't end in October.  But they do seem to be progressing and picking up 3 points in games where they would pick up 1 or less last season.  But the proof will only come about when they are competitive against the better teams such as City and Liverpool.

I remain unconvinced that Arsenal are headed for success because unfortunately money talks in football and Arsenal have a propensity to be "cheap" - other clubs aren't.  One transfer window for a complete overhaul such as Gerrard & Emery will have to undertake is just folly.  At least 3 I would contend so that they have their own players and philosophy.

I'm sure Arsenal at this stage will be happy if they become the "Aberdeen of England" and finish in second place in the league for 4 seasons straight.....

I don't think Arsenal can win the EPL but you cannot argue with their form. Winning game after game in that league is no mean feat, regardless of the opposition. They have played 2 "big" teams this season, losing both games. There is no disgrace losing to City (whilst in transistion) and they could have easily got a draw with Chelsea. Emery is very canny manager IMO

I think they will have a big say on who will win the league and who will get the top 4 slots. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

9 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I don't think Arsenal can win the EPL but you cannot argue with their form. Winning game after game in that league is no mean feat, regardless of the opposition. They have played 2 "big" teams this season, losing both games. There is no disgrace losing to City (whilst in transistion) and they could have easily got a draw with Chelsea. Emery is very canny manager IMO

Misc. useless fact

I think he was manager of the team (Valencia) when we last took a point from a CL group stage home game.

Edited by buster.

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Reliable as ever, Bill !

I see you are doing more of what you usually shout about,...ignoring me. 

But then Mr Walking Contradiction has a reputation to maintain.

Whilst in the same post, helping to prove an observation I made about you a few weeks ago.....that you are yourself, often exactly what you are calling others out for. In this case "pathetic" has to be pretty much what you'd call your attemped dig towards me.

Pathetic Walking Contradiction (PWC)...have you anymore room to fit that in with the description below your username, that incidently you must have happened upon whilst doing some of that contradictory ignoring of me.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, craig said:

Indeed, a season doesn't end in October.  But they do seem to be progressing and picking up 3 points in games where they would pick up 1 or less last season.  But the proof will only come about when they are competitive against the better teams such as City and Liverpool.

I remain unconvinced that Arsenal are headed for success because unfortunately money talks in football and Arsenal have a propensity to be "cheap" - other clubs aren't.  One transfer window for a complete overhaul such as Gerrard & Emery will have to undertake is just folly.  At least 3 I would contend so that they have their own players and philosophy.

I'm sure Arsenal at this stage will be happy if they become the "Aberdeen of England" and finish in second place in the league for 4 seasons straight.....

Its a weird one is it. They are making progress yet Im also unconvinced by them as I still think there is a soft centre there. But to be fair I think that will take another 2 transfer windows before they get what they need and want although it remains to be seen if they will spend the right funds. But compared to last season they are moving forward with a better work rate and togetherness and 10 wins is a cracking run. Everton and Newcastle (a) would have been potential points dropped under Wenger. So to be sitting 4th and 2 points off the pace at the moment is way better than Gooners would have thought - and Chelsea away on matchday 2 could easily have been a win.

Emery is getting good out of players and Iwobi looks a new player. He couldnt transform Wengers squad overnight and players like Holding wont be first pick long term. Once Koscielny is back to full fitness it will be huge and if he can add a natural winger, top defender and another key central midfielder in the next transfer window then they will be top 4 IMO. Man Utd are out of it so its 4 from 5 teams now.

Not the most entertaining Saturday games.

I'll go for this:

Brighton 1-1 Wolves

Fulham 1-1 Bournemouth

Liverpool 4-0 Cardiff

Southampton 0-0 Newcastle

Watford 2-0 Huddersfield

Leicester 2-1 West Ham

Sunday

Burnley 0-2 Chelsea

Palace 0-2 Arsenal

Man Utd 1-1 Everton

Monday

Spurs 1-2 Man City

Outstanding fixtures this weekend Arsenalv Liverpool and Wolves v the Hotspurs. 2-0 Arsenal, 1-3 ‘Spurs.

Rest of the card is drab yet again.

And while I’m at it, Springboks to trample the Rose at Twickers.