The Premier League

15 hours ago, compo said:

Liverpool , Manchester  City ,Spurs ,Chelsea , Arsenal  the one that can put together an unbeaten run between now and Easter will probably take the title .

I still think its a 2 horse race at the moment. If Spurs add something in January like a goalscorer then they could be in the hunt but I see them dropping points. However Europe will have an impact. If any of them drop into the Europa it gives them a disadvantage.

Chelsea cant win it without a Drogba / Costa player but they arent far away.

Arsenal have done better then expected so far, Emery was always going to need 3 transfer windows. I hope the club back him and he can add in January. At the moment they are too reliant on 2 or 3 players and have a massive defensive injury list.

Ian Rush thinks Liverpool would have a better chance of the league title if they were to miss the Europa League. Dean Saunders  couldn’t go as far as that but he reported that playing on a Sunday after a trip abroad, the team could never play as well as normal especially in the first half. According to him Liverpool tried all sorts of changes to training and travel but nothing worked.

21 hours ago, craig said:

What a stupid question to be asked.

Yeah I suppose stupid in the sense that  Liverpool obviously can win it and the journos don't or shouldn't need Guardiola to tell them that.  

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Yeah I suppose stupid in the sense that  Liverpool obviously can win it and the journos don't or shouldn't need Guardiola to tell them that.  

Exactly my point.

An absurd question - and that is even before you consider Liverpool are top of the league and the only undefeated team in said league.  The journalist should be ashamed of themselves for asking such a dopey question.  There could only ever be one answer - it isn't even a question really, unless considered rhetorical.

Not easy again this weekend with predictions.

Man City 2-0 Everton

Crystal Palace 1-0 Leicester

Huddersfield 1-1 Newcastle

Tottenham 2-0 Burnley

Watford 2-0 Cardiff

Wolves 1-1 Bournemouth

Fulham 2-2 West Ham

Brighton 1-2 Chelsea

Southampton 0-1 Arsenal

Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd

Interesting matches this week for a change.

Everton will score against City but not often enough.

Leicester will not lose at Palace.

Newcastle won’t score at Town.

’Spurs will beat Burnley more comfortably than 2-0.

Watford v Cardiff? I don’t do Football League Division Three (South)

Wolves will maul the softie south coast sand castle builders.

Fulham v WestHam would normally be a draw but Fulham are very poor and the Hammers are flying. It all points to Hammers going back down the Thames with no points.

Brighton may score but Chelsea will get more than two.

So’ton might halt Arsenal’s wobbly resurgence but most likely won’t.

Surely, at long last, Liverpool will trounce United. It’s got to be now hasn’t it? On that basis expect at least one point to go back along the East Lancs road.

This result forecasting is easy, Gribz. You do the hard work and I invent a load of nonsense.