The Premier League

9 hours ago, Scott7 said:

This weekend yet another uninspiring card of fixtures, only ‘Spurs v Chelsea stands out.

Wolves to blow the Town down.

I think its because there is unattractive teams by name only in the league and it makes the fixtures look not so appealing. If Forest, Leeds, Villa, Sheff Wed were in the league it looks better on paper but these teams have to earn to be there. 

I think there is a few good games. Watford v Liverpool isnt bad and a test for Liverpool. Man Utd v Palace, its a test for Utd also at home to perform, palace have nothing to lose. West Ham v City has something to offer but City could romp it.

Here's my predictions anyway.

Brighton 1-1 Leicester

Everton 2-0 Cardiff

Fulham 2-1 Southampton

Man Utd 2-0 Palace

Watford 2-3 Liverpool

West Ham 0-4 Man City

Tottenham 2-2 Chelsea

Sunday

Bournemouth 1-2 Arsenal

Wolves 2-0 Huddersfield

Monday

Burnley 1-0 Newcastle

Many giants of yesteryear are languishing in the cellars. Sunderland in the third tier for heaven’s sake. But you’re right. They are down there on merit or the lack of it.

I’m tempted to run to the bookie with your predictions. Can’t argue with any of them.

23 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Many giants of yesteryear are languishing in the cellars. Sunderland in the third tier for heaven’s sake. But you’re right. They are down there on merit or the lack of it.

I’m tempted to run to the bookie with your predictions. Can’t argue with any of them.

Sunderland are in that batch of teams where you dont care if they are in the top flight or not, they are a bit of a yo-yo side from the premier league era and I couldnt put them in the same bracket as Leeds and Villa. Id rather have Charlton and Coventry from that division back, they were consistent top flight sides for a good period.

Ive gone a bit against my predictions with my bets today, Ive a few differing lines on.

Sunderland have been managed worse than Rangers were for much longer and are deservedly in the basement. But up until about three years ago they still had massive attendances and a big away following.

”Bank of England” club in the 50s, Len Shackleton on the wing in front of 60,000 at Roker. Giants.

Edited by Scott7

Man Utd must be a coupon buster for a lot.

5 out of 6 in the 3pm Kick offs isnt bad. Pity I didnt back my predictions I went for a draw double Brighton v Leicester and Watford v Liverpool.

Edited by Gribz

4 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Good predicting but ‘Spurs surprise you.

Manchester United have a negative goal difference of 1.

Spurs were superb, came out of the traps and went right at Chelsea and David Luiz looked like his old self. Chelsea didnt turn up although they should have had a pen when Hazard was fouled at 1-0 but it was the right scoreline in the end. Son was brilliant, he could be the most underrated player in the league. Bar his finishing he could have had a hattrick.

Thats some stat about Man Utd a negative goal difference. They are 14 behind City with a third of the season gone. Im guessing its only the Champions League thats keeping Jose there. They are so dysfunctional and lack harmony. I watched the last 20 mins of their game and they didnt look like scoring despite having chances, it was Palace who could have nicked it.

Arsenal going well, 17 games unbeaten. Big tests coming up with Spurs and Man Utd next up.

Didnt see that win for Huddersfield coming. Out of the blue they jump up the table.

Edited by Gribz