EGM to approve share issue

Such a waste of money. How much of this £1 million will be used for anything other than reducing debt and returning cash to wealthy shareholders. It's not my money but it's impossible not to wish it was all being used for the direct benefit of the club and supporters.

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Such a waste of money. How much of this £1 million will be used for anything other than reducing debt and returning cash to wealthy shareholders. It's not my money but it's impossible not to wish it was all being used for the direct benefit of the club and supporters.

Dont think you fully understand how things work and the position we are in regards wealthy shareholders , these soft loans need repaid at some point , share issues is how the most pain less way of doing it via debt for equity swaps

Just now, rbr said:

Dont think you fully understand how things work and the position we are in regards wealthy shareholders , these soft loans need repaid at some point , share issues is how the most pain less way of doing it via debt for equity swaps

I think I can just about manage a basic grasp of the situation. Of course the loans need to be repaid and a share issue is clearly a convenient way of doing so. My point is about Club1872's participation. I'm simply expressing an opinion that, instead of funding historic debt, it would have been good to see supporter donations used to fund future improvement. But as I said already, it's not my money.

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

The wealthy shareholders who loaned us money did so due to the club's inability to provide a share issue at the time.   I'm happy for them to be repaid.

Just now, stewarty said:

The wealthy shareholders who loaned us money did so due to the club's inability to provide a share issue at the time.   I'm happy for them to be repaid.

I'm more than grateful to those shareholders and fully agree the loans should be paid as soon as possible. I'm also happy for them to be paid out of this share issue.

However, that isn't relevant to the point I made above.

7 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I got your point regarding the benefit of supporters.  Although I would argue that this is to the future benefit of members in terms of future influence.   

Good luck with that.

Is the C1872 cash going to be used to repay loans? Presumably much of the share issue is converting the loans to share capital, and I'm not aware that any loans are going to be repaid (although it is possible).

It could be that the club has already pencilled in receipt of the cash and it was used to help buy Barasic.

My understanding is that not all the debt (soft loans) will be converted to equity in this share release. A proportion will, and those investments by shareholders directly, rather than a swap, will provide capital, or at very least cash in hand. 

Future share issue will mop up the remaining soft loans. 

I could be wrong. 

Is it complicated by Kings imbroglio with the T/o Panel? Will debt to equity take anyone/any group over the magical 30% ?