[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 3 Rangers (Morelos 28, 43, 74)

• Frankie changed the title to [HT] Kilmarnock 0 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 28, 43)

I love our spacing. There's always options on the ball, they occupy dangerous positions in between the lines and half-spaces. It allows us to keep possession, play forward and get players pressing and picking up second balls. Great stuff. 

Agree with the comments about the pitch, it's an utter joke with the ball not reaching players and taking crazy bounces.

Fortunately we've not let that and other bad luck (Murphy injury and a valid disallowed goal) bother us with another very solid and confident performance.  We've not been as fluid as we'd like and a few players are giving it away too cheaply but can't argue about the application and lots of credit for Morelos again who has led the line magnificently.

2 Great goals for Morelos with another one not given, brilliant save from Wes, a world class save!. Very good first half from us.

Murphy looks to have a serious injury due to the pitch. Forgot to mention the stone wall penalty!.

Also it seems our players are not allowed to fairly shoulder charge when the ref gave a foul against Tav, standard of refereeing in Scotland is just getting worse.

Edited by ian1964

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I love our spacing. There's always options on the ball, they occupy dangerous positions in between the lines and half-spaces. It allows us to keep possession and play forward. Great stuff. 

Agreed but just as important is the work-rate if we do lose the ball.  Tav after a shaky start this season (well a couple of games) has been fantastic and is a superb outlet.  What an engine he has!

Ridiculous refereeing. It was a goal not given and then a clear penalty. Morelos has been unplayable here. The wee man is on fire.

He was fouled multiple times before he shoots and scores the second.  Class!

The pitch is awful though.  For such a flat surface the ball takes some strange bounces.  I hope Murphy isn't injured badly but he looked really distressed so it doesn't look good.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Agreed but just as important is the work-rate if we do lose the ball.  Tav after a shaky start this season (well a couple of games) has been fantastic and is a superb outlet.  What an engine he has!

Agreed. I amended my post to state our spacing helps pressing and picking up second balls too; there's always players around.

Great to see.  Morelos has scored three times; although he should have buried that first one, that was a poor decision.  What a great save from Fod too.  Can only hope Murphy's injury is not as bad as it looked.